Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Great information you have here. Been reading some stuff and it kinda got me interested in adding some upgrades to my car. Its in mint condition. Just wondering where would be a good place to talk with other 2002 Accord owners and find out what upgrades are available and which are best? Actually, any information on my car would be great. First time on these forums so be gentle. ;) Oh yea, I hate the rubber band effect when I step on the gas.

P.S. I don't know anything about my car except that its a SE and its 4 cyl. Supposed to be 150hp. Everything is stock. Bought new in 2002. About 41,000 miles on engine to date.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
maybe it would help us to help you if you tell us what your goals for the car are
what do you want to make happen?

do you wana fast car?
a good/better looking car?

that kinda stuff...

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
2002 Accord SE said:
Hello all.

Great information you have here. Been reading some stuff and it kinda got me interested in adding some upgrades to my car. Its in mint condition. Just wondering where would be a good place to talk with other 2002 Accord owners and find out what upgrades are available and which are best? Actually, any information on my car would be great. First time on these forums so be gentle. ;) Oh yea, I hate the rubber band effect when I step on the gas.

P.S. I don't know anything about my car except that its a SE and its 4 cyl. Supposed to be 150hp. Everything is stock. Bought new in 2002. About 41,000 miles on engine to date.

Thanks all.
find out how it all works :D
just go to google and look for general info on your car, and look for the things you are interested in. IMO accords are better for show cars...you would have to put alot of money in it to make if fast bc it is like a family car. they just arent fast. but what are you interests?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for a little more horsepower and some torque and of course better looks. Not the racing look but like a lower to the ground look. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough but I am open to ideas. kinda seems like when I step on the gas it takes a second for the engine to respond. Can I get a little more pep from this car?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
the sky is the limit.....but it's all related to how much funds you've got.

i swapped motors in my accord (and added a few internal toys) and i was eating V8 mustangs, turbo'd civics, and integras all day long.

edit: you can spend around $1000 on basic bolt-ons (intake, header, exhaust, pullies), which will only give you 8hp to the wheels if you're lucky.

or you can spend $1000 on a prelude engine and get an extra 50hp right off the bat. the motor also responds a little better to modifications since it's got a higher potential than the motor you've got right now.

or you can spend around $3000 on a turbo kit and go for max power out of the f-series. but it requires lots of tuning and you better be pretty good w/ a wrench to maintain it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts