Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on detailing products for a black 03 Acura TL. I have been using Meguiar NXT wax a couple times a year and that's it. I have never used a polish or clay bar before and I know this car needs it. I have many blemishes I want to get to, if possible, before looking at a commercial touch up. I bought the car 18 months ago and am looking into becoming more thorough than I have in the past with other cars. thanks

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
wow dude, i don't know what to tell you. i'm not up to speed on which is the best detailing product out there right now. my car's lucky to get washed at this point

·
Registered
21 Posts
Take the time to seek out a detailer to get rid of swirl marks and RIDS on your vehicle. Since your vehicle is black it's very easy to see the imperfections on the vehicle.

If you wanted your hand at polishing the vehicle yourself you could make it a project for yourself and polish a panel each week by hand. I say this because if you try doing it all at once by hand you will not have an arm left after the detail :)

In terms of products get a nice sealant and top it off with a wax. Waxes do not last long at all and generally you should try to wax once a month and not twice a year. You can get away with sealing your car twice a year but not waxing. If you want more specifics just pm me and I'll try to answer as many of your questions as possible.

Good luck !

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with ^^^. If you dont have a buffer, little by little by hand is a good bet depending on the severity of your paint. Get some good polish (maybe Meguiars 105 & 205) and a good bright light to see exactly what youre dealing with, and give it time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts