Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
im planning to install a dry nitrous system on my EK, something really small at first like a 25 shot. i read that one of the effects of fitting a dry kit is predetonation (from running lean). my question is, with such a small shot of nitrous is there any need for me to install an uprated fuel pump or anything of the sort to avoid any problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
why do a 25 shot?? if your gona spend money on a kit at least go with a 50 shot..

read our stickys and grow some balls cus ull be fine. ur motor can easily even handle 50 shots.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my buddy has been running a 55 shot dry zex in his car for a while now. If that's what you have is a d series. he runs stock timing, 92 octane and it runs great and has been for a long time. Same goes for if you have a b series. If you do decide to go with a smaller shot (55 and under) don't worry about your timing. anything over 55 should be retarded.

·
Registered
682 Posts
if ur kinda iffy just bump fuel pressure like 2 psi.. just for piece of mind...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.