Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like honda's. Just do, probably like you. I have a 92' civic /w a D15B. 147k miles. Little bit of honda rust, behind the rear wheel wells.

I would like to put some money into one, but people have been telling me the frame would go bad on the car well before I got my money's worth. I'm just looking to turn it back into a good daily driver.

So far I have only put a really little bit into this car. New cv axles, new exhaust system. And i threw on calps, pads, rotors. Need to do the back end brakes, and a ball joint.

Few questions off top. Is the frame going to hold for a while? Or should I spend a few thousand and get another fifth gen. with less miles?

What should be the first work I do on it. I think along with a new engine, I should probably replace the transmission (going), and maybe the suspension? Any ideas or anything.

And what am I looking at for a price. I was thinking $5000 for the engine, trans ect, and then another $5000 over the course of a couple years, as other things start to go bad? Power steering system, radiator ect?

Someone said that I should put in a b18c. But where do I go about getting the engine, and where should I look to get someone to put it in. I'm not against buying some beers, and giving someone money. I can do easy work myself, but puting in a new engine, and transmission I wouldn't know where to start.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
I like honda's. Just do, probably like you. I have a 92' civic /w a D15B. 147k miles. Little bit of honda rust, behind the rear wheel wells.

I would like to put some money into one, but people have been telling me the frame would go bad on the car well before I got my money's worth. I'm just looking to turn it back into a good daily driver.

So far I have only put a really little bit into this car. New cv axles, new exhaust system. And i threw on calps, pads, rotors. Need to do the back end brakes, and a ball joint.

Few questions off top. Is the frame going to hold for a while? Or should I spend a few thousand and get another fifth gen. with less miles?

What should be the first work I do on it. I think along with a new engine, I should probably replace the transmission (going), and maybe the suspension? Any ideas or anything.

And what am I looking at for a price. I was thinking $5000 for the engine, trans ect, and then another $5000 over the course of a couple years, as other things start to go bad? Power steering system, radiator ect?

Someone said that I should put in a b18c. But where do I go about getting the engine, and where should I look to get someone to put it in. I'm not against buying some beers, and giving someone money. I can do easy work myself, but puting in a new engine, and transmission I wouldn't know where to start.
another d15 goes for about 600$ freshly rebuilt. then trans goes for about 400$ they arent expensive. and yes that fram will hold. i mean 200000 miles on a honda is just the break in period bro. just do a good tune up and keep up with regular maintanence and that car will last you forever,

· Registered
12,453 Posts
thoes miles are pretty low for a d15. D series engines are tanks, they should be put in military vehicles.

Your car has no "Frame" per say, its uni-body type construction. If you want to fix the rust right, get the whole rear quarter panels replaced, or make sure you cut out all the cancer, and patch it with sheet metal.

As far as suspension, BEST mod you can make to a Honda. Depends what you want to do or what your goals are. If you plan on doing auto-x or road courses with it, go race stock for a few years first before you make any mods. Learn what needs to be improved about your cars handling and mod from there.

A new trans should be no more than 300, and the body work could be 1000+ and a good suspension setup will be about a grand as well.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
this thread was even kinda old, got bumped again, and now look what happens were talking about fucking things, smoking weed and rogers arm.

wtf

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.