Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just joined here and need some help. I am a mechanic, but totally nee to Hondas. I just bought a vtec prelude from a local dr. here for a song. It has new paint, new radiator, new distributor, and struts...... then his son did something and there is a hole in the block.
It is a 2001 prelude base ( non SH) with the H22A4 and auto transmission. Here is my questions; I am wanting to get another drop in motor or at least a short block and get this running. I just want a driver work car, I dont car about performance. The H22A4 I have seen are pricey....
1) is there another motor code that is morecommon that will drop in and work? Even if I need to use some of my current parts. I have heard a H23. Anyone know? have a list of whst pieces I need for it to work?

2) will a H23, or other, shortblock work with all the other pieces from the H22A4?

3) if I go looking for one in a pull a part ( I am near some huge ones in a city) what models have a compatible H22A4? I have been toldnmy motor is specific to 2001 prelude only, been told 97-01 prelude, and been told the go back into early 90s and some accords?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I do believe you can fit most H or F series engines in there...many reasons why you would or wouldn't want to do some swaps... H23a you can use but I think you have to use the h22 oil pump...something about the crank shaft sensor I think, we will see if someone with more experience on this series engine replies....I have owned mostly d and k series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts