Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Well Im new here but not really new to cars. This is infact my first ride though and im paying for it myself. I have about 4500 to spend for the first set of things. Alright, well I've had my prelude for about 6 months now and im ready for some mods. I was thinking something among the means of a wide body kit, Tien coilovers, and then maby some yokohoma 18 inch rims. Any suggestions for a body kit? and How do you guys like your never year preludes?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
use $1,000 to spend on the Tien coilovers, then use the other 3 1/2 to spend on a turbo kit :number1

or if thats not your cup of tea: tien coilovers, 16" rims (rota's), and a simple/OEM lip kit..... fuckin sex on wheels ;) :whore
no widebody/body kit :eek:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
no body kits...always go with simple and clean line, never go out of style...Oem or Wingwest lips if you can still find them. Nice drop and quality 16" wheels will look great.

If any left over, pour it into the motor other handling mods.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
the body kit is a waste of time and money. once you get it you will have to get it painted and fitted (if you want it done right) and then you wont have much money left. on top of that the body kits available for the prelude are gay. if you have to do a body kit do a lip kit, subtle but fly.

18" rims are way to big, especailly if youre going to lower your car. stick with the 16", they are the perfect size for the car.

and the BEST thing you suggested buying was the tein coilovers, that is a definite yes. tein owns and you will <3 it.

so because if you only buy rims and the coilovers youre going to spend like 2k, so you could use the other 2.5k on engine mods. either buy a bunch of bolt-ons or just get a turbo kit.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah, I personally say go for 17's, I have them for summer, and I know some of the other members do too. Good balance between looks and performance, plus in order to keep your speedometer correct, with 18's, you'll probably need a 35 series tire, which is going to ride very rough and you run a high risk of bending the rims. As far as body kits, most of them are crap. Wide body kits...good luck finding them, I've only seen one picture of one 5th gen, and to be honest it didn't look that great. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advise guys, it'll save me alot of money too. Probably lip in the front and some tint, then 17s, Tien Coilovers, I know they'll fit cause I had a prelude in the shops with some Falkens. I was only considering a body kit because I wanted a color change so I figured, why not kill 2 birds with 1 car you know? Also curious about something, what do these cars run in stock condition? and How high can this car go in hp and torque numbers?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.