Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought and installed new aftermarket clutch kit and flywheel(18 months ago) Right off the bat noticed the clutch wouldn't actually engage until pedal was 3/4 to 1/2 inch from being fully released. I adjusted the cable at the plastic nut right above the lever on tranny. It helped but that only put me the 3/4 inch range at best. Clutch grabs great but it an "all or nothing" feel at the end of the pedal travel, there's no easing into it with this baby. If you're wondering why i waited 18 months is because head gasket started leaking so i parked it and lost track of time, just got the car all fixed up about 3 weeks ago. All in all it's running perfect now, but clutch is annoying. I've been googling for the answer but cant find anything straight forward. mechanic said something about the throw out bearing, but there shouldn't be any prob there, i would think with it being new. Anyways, any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
:bomb

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it wasn't a torque issue or anything like that. the original clutch had run its course so i figured i'd upgrade. you know how it goes, you upgrade because you plan ahead for all the other great things you're gonna do to the car :ninja , until you run out of money and lose track of time. well, thanks guys, if anyone else has experienced something similar or has any suggestion i'll be around :urinate:

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Have you tried the opposite of this issue?

Problem #3: My clutch is engaging right off the floor level.

Solution:
1) Check you clutch fluid reservoir and make sure there is fluid present.
2) This can be fixed by adjusting the clutch pedal to Clutch Master Cylinder connection. There is a little clevis pin that holds the two pieces together. If you remove the pin you can rotate the CMC piston device to compensate for the needed adjustment.

Reference: Trouble Shooting A Hydraulic Integra Clutch System - Team Integra

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe i'm dumb, but went looking for clutch fluid resevoir yesterday and didn't see one i'm guessing i don't have hyd clutch. and this clevis bolt i'm reading about, is this gonna be located by tranny underneath the car or by the pedal and firewall? i appreciate you trying to help. i just need some better visuals so i know exactly what i'm looking for or at, i guess :confused

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Check out the second link I posted. It has a diagram. Figuring out if you have a hydro or cable would be job number 1 though lol.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm pretty sure the 2gen is cable, 3gen is when hyd came into play. i seen photos of clutch fluid resevoir and my engine compartment is blank there. but you're right, knowing for sure is priority # 1. :thinkerg: that's the thing i'm good with bolt ons and suspension, but when it comes to clutches and tranny's :eekout:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.