Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOKYO — Work on Honda's replacement for the much loved Acura NSX supercar is progressing, and Honda has Ferrari's F430 in its sights with the new car.

Prototypes are already testing in Japan, according to company insiders, and the car is said to be based on the stunning HSC concept car of 2003. The car's styling is said to preview an all-new design direction for Honda's U.S. upscale brand, Acura. But different drivetrain layouts are under evaluation: midengined (like the old NSX) and front-engined prototypes are reportedly being tested.

The new model is designed to challenge the Ferrari F430, the Lamborghini Gallardo and the forthcoming Lexus supercar, and Honda wants to reinforce its race-bred Formula 1 credibility with the car, which is expected to hit showrooms in 2009.

Power is expected to come from a high-revving, normally aspirated 500-hp, V10 engine, with electronically controlled all-wheel drive derived from the next-generation Legend sedan.

The old NSX is a hard act to follow, but Honda's engineers are undoubtedly up to the task.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
sound promising...but please let it be a midship...otherwise they should just go and commit suicide... :p

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
didnt Honda say they had to scrap the HSC concept because they couldnt tool it for production and have to come up a new concept car. anyways there doesnt seem to be any new news, just speculation. ill believe it when theres pics of the prototype.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ragnarok043 said:
didnt Honda say they had to scrap the HSC concept because they couldnt tool it for production and have to come up a new concept car. anyways there doesnt seem to be any new news, just speculation. ill believe it when theres pics of the prototype.
i gotta agree with you on that one, its the same facts and hopes we've heard befor. no pics, no price, no new updates. i love how it says mid and front engine designs are being tested... i don't think so. if they wanted to keep the nsx brandname then they would undoubtubly keep it MR.

unlike the mercury couger which was a FR boat and turned it into a FF compact coupe.

rep for you for saying what i was thinking.

damn You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ragnarok043 again.

·
Registered
849 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
Are they even considering rear-engine at all? It's still kinda strange to hear about Honda working on a 10cylinder, even if it is a supercar. Any volunteers to buy me one?
a rear engine would be like a beattle or porche 911 with the engine behind the rear axles instead of the current mid, with the engine in front of the rear axles. (a little in front)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ragnarok043 said:
didnt Honda say they had to scrap the HSC concept because they couldnt tool it for production and have to come up a new concept car
Actually, there are no limits for a concept car to be built. If the concept is hard enough to tool in for production... The concept will be "trimmed down" so to speak to production level. Look at the Acura CL-X concept. By God I would import the car in a heart beat, I would even cut somebody's arm or leg off... But then Acura made the bland oh so so CL. Notice the difference?
To my knowledge, Honda scrap the HSC because when it was previewed in geneva... Or somewhere in Europe motor show, they held a petition whether Honda should build the HSC or not, and the answer is no, the main reason being it will be powered by a 3.5 V6.

Rumours aside, as when the NSX first world unveiling in early 90's, the new supercar will definitely be crazy from technical point of view. So expect Honda chocking the car full of its latest and greatest technical achievement... And yes, my opinion is Honda going to include Asimo on the new NSX :D

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Showrooms in 2009? I am pissed off at honda for the late release date. I mean were those engineers honesty working on the NSX for that long? WHatever they come out with it better be good cause im sure they'll leave it untouched for 10 years :rolleyes

Honda doesnt care about my opinion anyway though. I will never buy a new NSX because I cant justify spending that much cash on a car.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
wow.. 2009? i think honda is waiting for toyota to unleash supra or lexus sport car then acura will be the last to re-enter the sports segment. same like long2 time ago. start with Z then RX, supra, and last and not least NSX.
front engine or mid engine? or both? they should aim for Lambo instead. since lambo also MR and AWD. but acura use SH-AWD wat i really want is some hybrid tech in that car IMA-SH-AWD-V10 dats like dang....same like when NSX made exotic car very easy to drive/ driver friendly but this time its enviroment friendly too...

·
Registered
143 Posts
dodolaje said:
wow.. 2009? i think honda is waiting for toyota to unleash supra or lexus sport car then acura will be the last to re-enter the sports segment. same like long2 time ago. start with Z then RX, supra, and last and not least NSX.
front engine or mid engine? or both? they should aim for Lambo instead. since lambo also MR and AWD. but acura use SH-AWD wat i really want is some hybrid tech in that car IMA-SH-AWD-V10 dats like dang....same like when NSX made exotic car very easy to drive/ driver friendly but this time its enviroment friendly too...
Good god...do you even understand what grammatical syntax is?! I want to understand your post, I really do, but in its current state I don't think I can decipher the grammatical incoherency. :ahh

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
2002Z28 said:
Good god...do you even understand what grammatical syntax is?! I want to understand your post, I really do, but in its current state I don't think I can decipher the grammatical incoherency. :ahh
too bad...stop whinning start.. deciphering..HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
phrancis said:
naw, he'll be mounted in the back just like R2D2 and serve as a trunk monkey security, nav, and repair sys... :clap
and for god's sake, he's considered another person so that i can carpooling :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts