Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some help no smart ass questions i been lookin to buy another car some thing for a project car i can mess around wit but some thin fastt under 5grand i been lookin at some gt mustangs and maybe a talon tsi any help?

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
turbo talon, eclipse gs-t/x would be nice but very hard to find and peeps love to over price them given they're oil pissers when they get older and electrical bastards. preludes with the h22's have become more affordable as well but it has caused a rice problem in a few area's like okc and a few other select cities. you know, put a loud fucking exhaust on it and drive like an asshole almost killing three to four people a day.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
what kind of fast do you want, like stright line fast? or overall handling? 5k can pick u up a decent car. I'd stray away from DSM's imo.

get an R, hehe turbo brick ftw :ninja

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
might be able to find a sentra ser spec v now for that much or if you wanna take a risk svt focus, they didn't hold their value for shit, but will run low 15's stock depending on driver and conditions.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
might be able to find a sentra ser spec v now for that much or if you wanna take a risk svt focus, they didn't hold their value for shit, but will run low 15's stock depending on driver and conditions.
so can I, and I have 4 dr's and an auto tragic, :lol

I think I could even get high 14's if the track conditions are better and I get more than 2 runs in, lol

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
umm fastste bang for buck car to make faster..would be a fox body stang.....not honda will ever touch what it can do powerwise for it's price or even turbo dsm....some breather mods and a different rear end and you drop over a second off of your 1/4 mile time. then start doing heads a cam tune...sticky tires and a spray and you're looking at 11's

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
umm fastste bang for buck car to make faster..would be a fox body stang.....not honda will ever touch what it can do powerwise for it's price or even turbo dsm....some breather mods and a different rear end and you drop over a second off of your 1/4 mile time. then start doing heads a cam tune...sticky tires and a spray and you're looking at 11's
mustangs = ghey

Get an old MOPAR A body, they can be had fairly cheap. My buddy just let a 72 Dart go for 2500. Granted it only had a 318 in it, but finding a 360 or 440 isnt too hard. I gaurntee you'll be faster than a fox body. MOPAR dominated the strip for years for good reason, there stuff works and is extremely powerful.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
mustangs = ghey

Get an old MOPAR A body, they can be had fairly cheap. My buddy just let a 72 Dart go for 2500. Granted it only had a 318 in it, but finding a 360 or 440 isnt too hard. I gaurntee you'll be faster than a fox body. MOPAR dominated the strip for years for good reason, there stuff works and is extremely powerful.
why are they gay? he wants to go fast for cheap...what better car than a fox body.. an fox-body is the best choice....not an even older mopar.....parts for stangs are retarded cheap for the old 5.slows

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
why are they gay? he wants to go fast for cheap...what better car than a fox body.. an fox-body is the best choice....not an even older mopar.....parts for stangs are retarded cheap for the old 5.slows
Strictly speaking cheap I guess.

IMO, there ugly as fuck, everyone has one, you need to grow a mullet and blast lennord skynard and think your better than everyone else to own one.

Just never been a fan, fast for cheap sure, but if I wanted a RWD ******* rocket, MOPAR all the way.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Strictly speaking cheap I guess.

IMO, there ugly as fuck, everyone has one, you need to grow a mullet and blast lennord skynard and think your better than everyone else to own one.
everybody has a clean fox body?where do you live?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
not really

but 1500 for a 93 or so

then get ford explorer 5.0 heads, manifold, and throttlebody, and some headers, and you have a car that roasts teh shit out of the tires even more.

a used twin turbo kit can be had for around 2 grand with a tuning ecu, and you then have over 500whp

its on a very short list of mine, "domestics I might buy" :p

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
maybe they like to go fast for low maint....hehe ;-p...not everybody can afford 5000 dollars in upgrades to make 200 hp :hehe
who says 5 grand for 200hp?

no car needs that much to get to that hp, or even add it to stock.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
maybe they like to go fast for low maint....hehe ;-p...not everybody can afford 5000 dollars in upgrades to make 200 hp :hehe
There are plenty of cars that are low maint.

Like I say, I agree that for cheap they can be made fast, and some even look good, but not my cup of tea at all. Tho, it could be the people up here that drive them. No respect for anyone else, there just assholes, and imo, the car is ugly as fuck, and over done.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
oh yeah? look up the price to buy a b18c1 and swap it into a civic and build it to 200hp.....
200whp, probs yeah. Honda's are sooo expensive to make fast N/A. Only thing that really blows about them.

Still wouldn't mind another tho. Tho, if I got another, boost would be a must.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
not really

but 1500 for a 93 or so

then get ford explorer 5.0 heads, manifold, and throttlebody, and some headers, and you have a car that roasts teh shit out of the tires even more.

a used twin turbo kit can be had for around 2 grand with a tuning ecu, and you then have over 500whp

its on a very short list of mine, "domestics I might buy" :p
1. why would you buy a twin turbo kit for a 5.0 to make 500whp? not only is it not cost effective but it's asking for a headache....you put a blower on it and run like 7-10 psi on it and make 600 whp on a built motor and call it day....you just can't buy a tt kit and slap it on there...the only time you start talking twin turbo is when you start wanting 800-1200 streetable hp on a fully crazy built motor....

2. what's wrong with domestics....they're building faster more efficient cars than the "import" companies.....and the import companies now build most of their cars here there fore making them domestic :lmao

3. it's a simple car to make fast for cheap....why are we listing crazy setups that will put you in the hole about another 15000 dollars just to right?
do heads, cam, breather mods, rear-end, and spray and you're looking at 11's......throw a blower on it for cheap and make like 600hp and call it a day

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
oh yeah? look up the price to buy a b18c1 and swap it into a civic and build it to 200hp.....
or stock motor and build a tubro for that

who gives a shit about swapping if all you are after is 200hp

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.