Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
not really

but 1500 for a 93 or so

then get ford explorer 5.0 heads, manifold, and throttlebody, and some headers, and you have a car that roasts teh shit out of the tires even more.

a used twin turbo kit can be had for around 2 grand with a tuning ecu, and you then have over 500whp

its on a very short list of mine, "domestics I might buy" :p

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
maybe they like to go fast for low maint....hehe ;-p...not everybody can afford 5000 dollars in upgrades to make 200 hp :hehe
who says 5 grand for 200hp?

no car needs that much to get to that hp, or even add it to stock.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
oh yeah? look up the price to buy a b18c1 and swap it into a civic and build it to 200hp.....
or stock motor and build a tubro for that

who gives a shit about swapping if all you are after is 200hp

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
1. why would you buy a twin turbo kit for a 5.0 to make 500whp? not only is it not cost effective but it's asking for a headache....you put a blower on it and run like 7-10 psi on it and make 600 whp on a built motor and call it day....you just can't buy a tt kit and slap it on there...the only time you start talking twin turbo is when you start wanting 800-1200 streetable hp on a fully crazy built motor....

2. what's wrong with domestics....they're building faster more efficient cars than the "import" companies.....and the import companies now build most of their cars here there fore making them domestic :lmao

3. it's a simple car to make fast for cheap....why are we listing crazy setups that will put you in the hole about another 15000 dollars just to right?
do heads, cam, breather mods, rear-end, and spray and you're looking at 11's......throw a blower on it for cheap and make like 600hp and call it a day
1) 500whp on 2 tiny ass turbos. TINY :p cost reasons lol

2) Im talking older domestics. I cant and wont afford anything newer then 2000 unless its a fucking daewoo or some shit

3) damn right its simple. aftermarket rods, pistons, bearings, and the explorer heads will easily allow 400whp+ all motor

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
rods as in connecting rods, not pushrods

just so it can take any extra abuse

and twin turbo, its about bragging rights and a v8 that actually makes torque while spinning high rpms, like 7k+, not just 2-3k rpms :p

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
you are being ignorant again. not all v8 guys like cheap. lots of them like to show off

personally Id rather see 600whp form a twin setup then a single setup. it will be faster in every way over the single setup.

v8 guys almost NEVER go for the cheapest possible route.

also, if I see a twin setup I think its cool as shit, even if its only making 100 over stock. its called a challeneg, and the guy beat it if its running and in front of me lol

plus, all he needs to do in teh future is bolt bigger turbos and tune it or adjsut carbs, depending on how hes running it

you gotta remember, one bank of 4 cylinders is still 2.5 liters, MUCH more capable then some dinky honda 4 banger. now if they have turbso to make a honda responsive and yet reach 230whp, like a GTI turbio, then a pair of them would only serve to kick some serious ass, especially since the v8 has the grunt of another bank of cylinders helping to spin it.

so what if it runs teh turbos out of breath around 5k or so rpms, it will still be funner then hell to drive :p

tell me you wouldnt turn down a chance to drive a twin turbo v8, or even a twin turbo v6 :D

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
LOL @ rear end and breathing mods putting it into the 11s

maybe for a mustang. not so for other v8 cars

try doing that in an old school chevelle ss. 2.73 rear, headers, and no air filter still leave you in the high 12s.

you still fail to convince me v8 motors are so great

find me 5 v8 vehicles at least one being a truck, made in teh alst 15 years that reacts this well to bolt ons (as you made an example of)

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
a 71 chevelle with the factory big ass 454 weighed 4250 pounds with my dad in teh driver seat at a weigh station

stock was in the 12s or 13s.

new camaro makes that much power with a reflash becasue it is seriously detuned factory for emission. look at the early/mid 90s corvettes. 100+hp gain with a chip and headers

I over read spray, sorry. spray is a form of forced induction and we were talking about breather mods

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I just laugh at b16 people in general my d15b7 with less then 500 bucks will destroy a stock b16 swap

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
depends on the year. I dont know if you remember, but they came in all flavors, 175hp, all the way to nearly 400hp

the car is across 10 years I believe, plenty of time for them to change :tu

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
not just about whp it's about power band and tell me what the tq difference between an ls1 and a vh is....tell me which one has broader aftermarket and cheaper parts.......so yes 1500 > 4000 motor....you have a whole series of ls motors to chose from as well.....sorry but nissan v8's don't compare to chevy alluminum pushrod v8's...

a 1500 dollar ls1 dynos around 300rwhp and 320rwtq bone stock...no invest the 2500 dollars you just saved back into the motor and you're making over 400whp.....payin 2500 more to make 50-60 less whp and tq is just ludicrous to me...but hey do what you want it's your car more power too you
who gives a shit if the pushrod is the better motor

hes doing the swap for a v8, hes prolly gonna limit himself to boltons, and its going to beat your car anyways, so assume the position :D

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
:confused

nissan v8 ---1500
chevy v8 ---4000

only a dumbass would spend the 4 grand for what, more potential? better gas mileage?

:lmao

money on teh table says if he does this swap its gonna stay stock fora while, maybe some breather mods

and if he ever wants power, well hes a turbo and good tires away from running 10s or 11s

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
it had a 3 inch with y pipe and still made less power than a stock ls1......'and far less tq....

sorry not impressed...

:rolleyes the nissan motor is qutie a bit smaller, of course its making less power

all the info in these links is proving to me how much smarter the nissan v8 is to swap in

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I never once said or sounded like the nissan v8 was so powerful compared to the corvette motor

sounds like you are pulling a card out.

psi doesnt mean shit, you know this, why post it. you kn ow damn well 3 psi on a huge fucking tubro can be teh same peak power as 30psi on a small turbo

Im saying is from my point of view, which is apparently not clear, is that the nissan v8 is teh best bang for teh buck. stock swap, 270-290 whp. responds great to a supercharger. and combined motor+ SC seems to still be less then a stock corvette swap. the reason the corvette motor responds BETTER is because its a bigger motor, and has been designed for over 20 years. it has the history it needs to become VERY optimized in stock form. in fact, its probably the only domestic motor that has seen any real improvement, both power and fuel efficiency wise

now compare that to how long the nissan 4.5 has been around. not so long

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
did you read the rest of my post where i said go for it dude that i was only replying to matt because he has stupid comebacks about turbocharging v8's pleast go back and re-read..
the fuck is wrong about turboing a v8?

hmmm cheap v8 plus turbo to overcome and overpower more expensive stock corvette motor

Ill go with the fucking turbo

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
this arguemetn is fucking stupid. let go of the damn corvette motor. a aaccept its more expensive then its worthwhile to choose

accept that the nissan motor is the best bang for the buck, especially when the intention is stock plus boltons and a tune

accept for taht nissan swap and botlons and tune, you will NOT get a corvette motora nd swap

accept the corvette swap is a dumb idea and does not need to be brought up especially when duder is NOT going to do it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.