Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
v8's in general are the easiest way to go fast for cheap.

I've been toying with the idea of maybe picking up one of my friend dan's MOPAR's since he's possibly thinking of selling? God 4-500hp close to stock, and the torque!! The cars run like 13-12's stock all day long.

They just handle like beached whales tho, haha
thats why I want to put a VH45DE in mah 240:number1

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
not just about whp it's about power band and tell me what the tq difference between an ls1 and a vh is....tell me which one has broader aftermarket and cheaper parts.......so yes 1500 > 4000 motor....you have a whole series of ls motors to chose from as well.....sorry but nissan v8's don't compare to chevy alluminum pushrod v8's...

a 1500 dollar ls1 dynos around 300rwhp and 320rwtq bone stock...no invest the 2500 dollars you just saved back into the motor and you're making over 400whp.....payin 2500 more to make 50-60 less whp and tq is just ludicrous to me...but hey do what you want it's your car more power too you
are you high on crack again?
there is no way your getting a full running ls1 swap for 1500
however you CAN get a vh for 1500 WITH 300zx tranny

the pushrod is the better motor and cheaper by 2500 dollars....responds better to mods and is more gas efficient......matt you lose your privilege of commenting on anything that makes sense

the vh45 makes less hp than my car and weighs more it only makes 278 crank hp.....and 290 crank tq....i made more power than that with a t25g hahahahahahahaha:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

that vh would be putting down around 225whp.....the ls1's are dynoing at 300whp and 320wht and light as fuck hehe..my t25g powered car was making 250whp hehe and 255 wtq

dudermage nothing against you i just hate when matt uses crap to defend his lame viewpoints. you do what you want brother and best of luck to you
starting to see your a little biased
Vh swap done properly with a tune will make 280WHP
they have a guy on Zilvia right now who just did the swap and put together a custom turbo for about 1800 and he is looking at 420whp with stock fuel injectors oh and he is only running 8 pounds
he is looking at upgrading the injectors and running 12 he is hoping for somewheres around 550whp

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
it had a 3 inch with y pipe and still made less power than a stock ls1......'

sorry not impressed...
:facepalm
never said that it would make same power or even close
but bang for buck its cheaper for what I want
just like Mattliston said
fuck Like I said I could do a vh swap, supercharge it, make fucking 500whp
with a good power curve
and still pay less than a LS1 swap

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
you are a dumbass...chevy ls1's go for under 2 grand...with boltons and tuning they are near 400whp....and yes good gas mileage....evena 500hp z06 nets 27-29 mpg highway and it weighs 3139 lbs.....

and why would he turbo a v8 to only run 11's or 10's? stop posting please
OMFG If you can find LS1's for less than 2k with 6sp tranny that still run and have less than 100k miles I will buy 2

but seriously no way dude they usually go for about 4k for one with less than 100k miles sometimes you can get lucky and find one for 3.5k but still you need ALOT more extra shit to get that in a 240 vs the VH motor

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
this is an lt1 which is older and less efficient than an ls1 with less power at 7 psi

YouTube - My LT1 7 PSI Procharger 570rwhp ~650hp Trans Am Dyno Run

421 whp is laughable for a boosted ls-series motor....
stock internals?

we weren't debating which was easier to drop in we were debating which is the better motor....and you never said anything about the 6spd tranny.....the one up here is auto with a ratchet shifter.

and you'r saying you can find a perfectly functioning vhv8 motor with tranny and all needed accessories for 1500 bucks or just the block
never brought up easier just talking about price
why the fuck would I get an auto tranny?
even 2k for a motor with auto tranny is cheap
yes that is 1500 for motor and tranny and I've heard less if you really look

now you pull that card after arguing about how powerful the vh was compared to the ls1.and the vh doesn't just "drop" in...not really worth it considering the numbers you guys are talking about can be had with a ka-t
vh is a way easier swap to do than the ls1
you don't have to take a hammer to your tunnel for one thing:rolleyes
Ka-t wouldn't be cheap considering I would have to get the whole motor rebuilt
then get a turbo kit put together

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
99 camaro LS1 engine, complete

here is an ls1 with 40k miles on it without the tranny for 2300 not bad for 40K original miles...definitely not 4000 bucks...i'm sure a high mileage one 100K plus could be had for under 2000 dollars
I'll just take that guys word that really does have 40k but
now go look for a tranny
you might be in for a little surprise :lol

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
did you read the rest of my post where i said go for it dude that i was only replying to matt because he has stupid comebacks about turbocharging v8's pleast go back and re-read..
I know baby its all good :love
I just want you to see the potential of the vh

dudes, stop. you're the only two here now you happy? everyone else left the party and you're the two drunk guys on the couch talking about the meaning of life, arguing big bang evolution, or adam and eve and the 7 days. chill
:lol

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
this arguemetn is fucking stupid. let go of the damn corvette motor. a aaccept its more expensive then its worthwhile to choose

accept that the nissan motor is the best bang for the buck, especially when the intention is stock plus boltons and a tune

accept for taht nissan swap and botlons and tune, you will NOT get a corvette motora nd swap

accept the corvette swap is a dumb idea and does not need to be brought up especially when duder is NOT going to do it
werd
sorry but I'd rather do my swap about a year earlier
and I'm sure that I'm going to be happy with 280whp in a car that only weighs 2700 pounds or so
and if not then time to make a custom supercharger kit and shoot for
500whp:cool

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i know the potential of the vh....i have a problem when matt posts dumb shit about v8's...like the fuck chevy remark over results that weren't spectacular...that's' why i posted dyno results they weren't directed at you

dude in the other thread was trying to look for a cheap car to make fast...and i suggest the 5.0....and then matt goes on a tangent about how it needs twin turbos and all this other crap and i told him he was on drugs. i told him v8's only needs a different rearend breather mods and maybe heads in some cases and they're in the mid-low 12's with spray you're looking at 11's and he didn't believe me :lmao i told him you supercharge a v8 and do basic shit...you don't turbo untill you're looking for 800+whp and yet again he didn't believe me.
:lol
ohh mattliston you dummy
you can actually get power from boltons with a V8
and god help the person who races a v8 with spray
they take 100 shots in stock form all day

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
how much more does the vh weigh than the ka24de because with the ka your car weighs over 2700 lbs :p
damn I thought it was 2700 naow
time to strip it, carbon fiber it, and get light weight rims:number1
I wanna say its 30 pounds but if its more than it aint much
also it moves the motorset back so it distributes the weight better

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
well.....

then
you argued with me about how it's ok to use 450cc injectors and a fpr instead of just spending another 80 bucks on 550cc injectors to make 300whp on a b18c5
yeah I saw thought
I always thought a fpr was for the reverse
you have 550cc injectors
but you only need 450cc
so you use a fpr to LOWER the amount of flow
but i don't really know for sure

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
he's too cheap to want to ever buy real injectors so he'd rather run used dsm's that are inadequate for near their peak flow at risk of his motor....an fpr is a band-aid....he reads alot of stuff on the internet and in magazines but has never actually dealt with an injector situation like this....he saw some guy do it on the internet and immediately thinks it's ok.....he'd rather spend 200 bucks on an fpr and used dsm injectors as opposed to 225 dollars for some 550cc injectors that would adequately do the job
why the hell would you even offer that as solution for someone:confused

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.