Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
umm fastste bang for buck car to make faster..would be a fox body stang.....not honda will ever touch what it can do powerwise for it's price or even turbo dsm....some breather mods and a different rear end and you drop over a second off of your 1/4 mile time. then start doing heads a cam tune...sticky tires and a spray and you're looking at 11's

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
mustangs = ghey

Get an old MOPAR A body, they can be had fairly cheap. My buddy just let a 72 Dart go for 2500. Granted it only had a 318 in it, but finding a 360 or 440 isnt too hard. I gaurntee you'll be faster than a fox body. MOPAR dominated the strip for years for good reason, there stuff works and is extremely powerful.
why are they gay? he wants to go fast for cheap...what better car than a fox body.. an fox-body is the best choice....not an even older mopar.....parts for stangs are retarded cheap for the old 5.slows

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
not really

but 1500 for a 93 or so

then get ford explorer 5.0 heads, manifold, and throttlebody, and some headers, and you have a car that roasts teh shit out of the tires even more.

a used twin turbo kit can be had for around 2 grand with a tuning ecu, and you then have over 500whp

its on a very short list of mine, "domestics I might buy" :p
1. why would you buy a twin turbo kit for a 5.0 to make 500whp? not only is it not cost effective but it's asking for a headache....you put a blower on it and run like 7-10 psi on it and make 600 whp on a built motor and call it day....you just can't buy a tt kit and slap it on there...the only time you start talking twin turbo is when you start wanting 800-1200 streetable hp on a fully crazy built motor....

2. what's wrong with domestics....they're building faster more efficient cars than the "import" companies.....and the import companies now build most of their cars here there fore making them domestic :lmao

3. it's a simple car to make fast for cheap....why are we listing crazy setups that will put you in the hole about another 15000 dollars just to right?
do heads, cam, breather mods, rear-end, and spray and you're looking at 11's......throw a blower on it for cheap and make like 600hp and call it a day

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
200whp, probs yeah. Honda's are sooo expensive to make fast N/A. Only thing that really blows about them.

Still wouldn't mind another tho. Tho, if I got another, boost would be a must.
with the exception of the s2k and nsx...hondas are mean to be stock not fast...:p

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
1) 500whp on 2 tiny ass turbos. TINY :p cost reasons lol

2) Im talking older domestics. I cant and wont afford anything newer then 2000 unless its a fucking daewoo or some shit

3) damn right its simple. aftermarket rods, pistons, bearings, and the explorer heads will easily allow 400whp+ all motor

1. twin turbo setups are not easy or cheap....and tuning for them isn't cheap either..it's expensive and time consuming and then heat issues...and you can't run crazy boost on a 5.0......the point of a twin turbo setup was to get more response while generating the same amount of top end as a larger turbo. we are dealing with a 5.0 pushrod v8 that you should only run 7-10 psi on to begin with....not a small displacement 4 or 6 cylinder.......you want two tiny turbo for a big motor? to run only 7 psi? that's just dumb....if you were shooting for 30psi then yes go for a twin turbo....twin turbo is stupid on a v8 unless you're shooting for the 700-1200 power range on a street car

2. agreed

3. rods pistons bearing heads cam tuning will allow for more than 400whp

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
rods as in connecting rods, not pushrods

just so it can take any extra abuse

and twin turbo, its about bragging rights and a v8 that actually makes torque while spinning high rpms, like 7k+, not just 2-3k rpms :p
nobody in the v8 community would think you were cool with a twin turbo kit unless you were making 900+hp for the simple fact that a centrifugal supercharger would give you power at 7K plus...but why power up there considering they don't even rev past that....v8's don't make power at 2-3k rpms....they making form like 1500 rpms to near redline.......and you don't need to rev stupid high because you have a broader powerband...you just augment your gears...it's the same reason hondas run stupid close gearing...they make no usuable power to you need shorter gears to make up for it.................
why
p.s. twin turbos fall off up top.....they are just to thermally inefficient and costly for a setup that isn't making 800hp + if you want topend go single or supercharge....v8 guys aren't like honda guys....honda guys spend stupid amounts of money to make almost no power where as v8 guys look to find the cheapest fastest most reliable way to make power....

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
you are being ignorant again. not all v8 guys like cheap. lots of them like to show off

personally Id rather see 600whp form a twin setup then a single setup. it will be faster in every way over the single setup.

v8 guys almost NEVER go for the cheapest possible route.

also, if I see a twin setup I think its cool as shit, even if its only making 100 over stock. its called a challeneg, and the guy beat it if its running and in front of me lol

plus, all he needs to do in teh future is bolt bigger turbos and tune it or adjsut carbs, depending on how hes running it

you gotta remember, one bank of 4 cylinders is still 2.5 liters, MUCH more capable then some dinky honda 4 banger. now if they have turbso to make a honda responsive and yet reach 230whp, like a GTI turbio, then a pair of them would only serve to kick some serious ass, especially since the v8 has the grunt of another bank of cylinders helping to spin it.

so what if it runs teh turbos out of breath around 5k or so rpms, it will still be funner then hell to drive :p

tell me you wouldnt turn down a chance to drive a twin turbo v8, or even a twin turbo v6 :D
you really have no idea what you are talking about do you? 90% of v8 guys do a rear end, heads, breathers and spray.....then they are in the 11's or faster....it doesn't take much...

v8 guys do not typically go twin turbo unless shooting for crazy power like 700-1000 hp....i'm not being ignorant you just have no idea what you're talking about....and no twin turbos aren't always faster more responsive than a single turbo........and most v8's can't take the cylinder pressure that two turbos would potentially generate....in most cases you will crack the block if not careful why do you think 90% of them have blowers on them only pushing 7-10psi?....the reason chevy didn't boost the ls7 and drop it into the zr1 is because they feared that they would grenade the block...so they opted for a "supercharged' ls9. it's more efficient and more reliable for the 630hp they wanted....a twin turbo setup would've been stupid,expensive and hard to control

v8 guys do not look to spend as much money as humanly possible ...they tend to care about how fast their car actually is not what it puts down on the dyno...almost the exact opposite of what 70% honda guys do... for the most part v8 guys care about what times you run...one of the first things they do is modify their gearing and tires....ever heard of a turnkey crate engine? you can buy a 600-700 hp fully built motor that drops into your car ready to go for about 6 thousand dollars or cheaper depending on the manufacturer....honda guys spend that amount of money to make 215whp....

only honda guys view going the complete backwards way about doing things as being more rewarding..if you already have a 5.0 liter v8 you're response is fine...there is no need to for such a thermally inefficient.setup for such lowe power levels...rx7, skyline, supra...all ditch their twin turbo setups for a reason and they have alot less displacement than a 5.0......your fastest fucking v8's are supercharged meth injected nitrous fed power houses pushing thousands of hp....they don't give a fuck about how creative you were for putting twin turbos on your low hp v8....they would laugh at you and say....you just spent damn near 15 thousand dollars to put that setup on a car and to still make less power than 3000 dollar setup? they have centrifugal superchargers that provide more stable boost than turbos yet still give you the top-end of a turbo.....

btw you can't just divide the displacement in half and say that woudl be like 2 2.5's liter motors put together...engine math doesn't work like that....you have to take into account many other things like cylinder firing order, exhaust pulses for the turbos and how much pressure the block can take before it cracks.....only time you see people twin turbo v8's is when they are shooting for stupid high hp on race spec cryo-treated blocks and those setups are stupid expensive.

you're retarded any time you think a twin turbo setup on a v8 that is only making 100 hp over stock is impressive:lmao:lmao:lmao......you care too much about trying to stand out even if it's for the wrong reasons....how bout you build a fast car and then you can stand out

and what does a twin turbo v6 have to do with anything...we are talking about a 5.0 or higher v8....

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
LOL @ rear end and breathing mods putting it into the 11s

maybe for a mustang. not so for other v8 cars

try doing that in an old school chevelle ss. 2.73 rear, headers, and no air filter still leave you in the high 12s.

you still fail to convince me v8 motors are so great

find me 5 v8 vehicles at least one being a truck, made in teh alst 15 years that reacts this well to bolt ons (as you made an example of)

i said spray jackass.
..please read... breather mods, spray, rear and maybe some heads is what i said will put you into the 11's with just the breathers they are low 12-mid 12's

and why are you talking about old outdated 5000 lb muscle cars? we were talking about a mustang 5.0

ummm really dude? are you really debating about v8's? you're smoking crack

corvette z06 from from the past 10 years
the new z06 only needs tires to run 10's oh yeah and it averages 29 mpg highway

any v8 camaro or TA with lt1 engine or ls series engine....even the automatics

srt-8 cherokee run's mid 13's stock with boltons and spray you're looking at high 11's and go look up the curb weight

any mustang within the past 20 years will do it with the mods i listed.

shit my uncle's fox body runs a mid 12 with bolt-ons and moderate motor work with a different rear end:lmao

ford lightening is another truck that's pretty fast...mid 13's stock as well

the new camaro with just a exhaust work and a reflash made 430rwhp

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
a 71 chevelle with the factory big ass 454 weighed 4250 pounds with my dad in teh driver seat at a weigh station

stock was in the 12s or 13s.

new camaro makes that much power with a reflash becasue it is seriously detuned factory for emission. look at the early/mid 90s corvettes. 100+hp gain with a chip and headers

I over read spray, sorry. spray is a form of forced induction and we were talking about breather mods
no you just don't read very well i said from the start...breather mods and rear end with heads will put you in the 12's and with spray you're looking at 11's easily.......all of the performance v8's from the past 20 years....react similary....why do you think none of the v8 guys really cared when honda guys finally broke into the single digits......because a challenge for the v8's was getting to the 7's and 8's...honda guys rave about low 15's.....or the fact that a 6000 dollar k20 swap will make another 20whp with breather mods and a reflash.........fuck v8 guys were like for 6000 dollars i'll make 450whp all motor and that's on old ass pushrod iron block motors hehe. or you can buy a turnkey crate engine making 700 hp and drop it into your car and drive off into the sunset....and now that the new v8's are getting the same gas mileage as todays 4 cylinders on the highway. i just sit back and laugh at b16 punks who brag about vtec and racing parked cars

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
v8's in general are the easiest way to go fast for cheap.

I've been toying with the idea of maybe picking up one of my friend dan's MOPAR's since he's possibly thinking of selling? God 4-500hp close to stock, and the torque!! The cars run like 13-12's stock all day long.

They just handle like beached whales tho, haha
take motor out put into rx-7 or 240....handles like sex now.../thread

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
nice, a nissian v8 right? why not. I just feel wierd when I see another brand motor swapped into a honda or nissian or whatever. Feels sac-religious.
why?....

from the factory there are nissan powered chevies

chevy powered toyotas

toyota powered chevy's

subaru powered saab's

manufacturers have other brand motors in their cars all of the time.....there are chevy's that are rb powered from the factory and vise/versa

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
meh, I'm a pureist. Granted your right, but imo I wouldn't swap a 4g63 into a 240.

Not saying its retarded, just not my thing or what I would do.
eww i wouldn't either...there is no benefit too it at all...i would however swap one into an eg bubble...

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah but
1500 motor>4000+ motor
you know what the difference in WHP is with a usual swap?
about 50-60whp
sorry but 2500+ aint worth an extra 50whp or so
not just about whp it's about power band and tell me what the tq difference between an ls1 and a vh is....tell me which one has broader aftermarket and cheaper parts.......so yes 1500 > 4000 motor....you have a whole series of ls motors to chose from as well.....sorry but nissan v8's don't compare to chevy alluminum pushrod v8's...

a 1500 dollar ls1 dynos around 300rwhp and 320rwtq bone stock...no invest the 2500 dollars you just saved back into the motor and you're making over 400whp.....payin 2500 more to make 50-60 less whp and tq is just ludicrous to me...but hey do what you want it's your car more power too you

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.