Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
who gives a shit if the pushrod is the better motor

hes doing the swap for a v8, hes prolly gonna limit himself to boltons, and its going to beat your car anyways, so assume the position :D
the pushrod is the better motor and cheaper by 2500 dollars....responds better to mods and is more gas efficient......matt you lose your privilege of commenting on anything that makes sense

the vh45 makes less hp than my car and weighs more it only makes 278 crank hp.....and 290 crank tq....i made more power than that with a t25g hahahahahahahaha:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

that vh would be putting down around 225whp.....the ls1's are dynoing at 300whp and 320wht and light as fuck hehe..my t25g powered car was making 250whp hehe and 255 wtq

dudermage nothing against you i just hate when matt uses crap to defend his lame viewpoints. you do what you want brother and best of luck to you

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
:confused

nissan v8 ---1500
chevy v8 ---4000

only a dumbass would spend the 4 grand for what, more potential? better gas mileage?

:lmao

money on teh table says if he does this swap its gonna stay stock fora while, maybe some breather mods

and if he ever wants power, well hes a turbo and good tires away from running 10s or 11s
you are a dumbass...chevy ls1's go for under 2 grand...with boltons and tuning they are near 400whp....and yes good gas mileage....evena 500hp z06 nets 27-29 mpg highway and it weighs 3139 lbs.....

and why would he turbo a v8 to only run 11's or 10's? stop posting please

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
286/285 hp/tq stock. damn nice

421/365 hp/tq at only 6psi

and before that, a fuelling problem was limiting him to 370hp

fuck chevy after seeing these results
this is an lt1 which is older and less efficient than an ls1 with less power at 7 psi

421 whp is laughable for a boosted ls-series motor....

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
OMFG If you can find LS1's for less than 2k with 6sp tranny that still run and have less than 100k miles I will buy 2

but seriously no way dude they usually go for about 4k for one with less than 100k miles sometimes you can get lucky and find one for 3.5k but still you need ALOT more extra shit to get that in a 240 vs the VH motor
we weren't debating which was easier to drop in we were debating which is the better motor....and you never said anything about the 6spd tranny.....the one up here is auto with a ratchet shifter.

and you'r saying you can find a perfectly functioning vhv8 motor with tranny and all needed accessories for 1500 bucks or just the block

99 camaro LS1 engine, complete

here is an ls1 with 40k miles on it without the tranny for 2300 not bad for 40K original miles...definitely not 4000 bucks...i'm sure a high mileage one 100K plus could be had for under 2000 dollars

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
:rolleyes the nissan motor is qutie a bit smaller, of course its making less power

all the info in these links is proving to me how much smarter the nissan v8 is to swap in

now you pull that card after arguing about how powerful the vh was compared to the ls1.and the vh doesn't just "drop" in...not really worth it considering the numbers you guys are talking about can be had with a ka-t

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
:facepalm
never said that it would make same power or even close
but bang for buck its cheaper for what I want
just like Mattliston said
fuck Like I said I could do a vh swap, supercharge it, make fucking 500whp
with a good power curve
and still pay less than a LS1 swap
did you read the rest of my post where i said go for it dude that i was only replying to matt because he has stupid comebacks about turbocharging v8's pleast go back and re-read..

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
stock internals?

never brought up easier just talking about price
why the fuck would I get an auto tranny?
even 2k for a motor with auto tranny is cheap
yes that is 1500 for motor and tranny and I've heard less if you really look

vh is a way easier swap to do than the ls1
you don't have to take a hammer to your tunnel for one thing:rolleyes
Ka-t wouldn't be cheap considering I would have to get the whole motor rebuilt
then get a turbo kit put together
go back and re-read where i said my replies were at matt.

and a ka-t would end up being pretty cheap considering it's not expensive to rebuild and boost them for crazy power ..romisburning just made 330rwhp on an 1100 dollar spa turbo kit that only took 2nd in it's event because of a waste gate getting damaged and driving further would've blown the motor

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I never once said or sounded like the nissan v8 was so powerful compared to the corvette motor

sounds like you are pulling a card out.

psi doesnt mean shit, you know this, why post it. you kn ow damn well 3 psi on a huge fucking tubro can be teh same peak power as 30psi on a small turbo

Im saying is from my point of view, which is apparently not clear, is that the nissan v8 is teh best bang for teh buck. stock swap, 270-290 whp. responds great to a supercharger. and combined motor+ SC seems to still be less then a stock corvette swap. the reason the corvette motor responds BETTER is because its a bigger motor, and has been designed for over 20 years. it has the history it needs to become VERY optimized in stock form. in fact, its probably the only domestic motor that has seen any real improvement, both power and fuel efficiency wise

now compare that to how long the nissan 4.5 has been around. not so long
you don't read very much do you let met find it for you

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
the pushrod is the better motor and cheaper by 2500 dollars....responds better to mods and is more gas efficient......matt you lose your privilege of commenting on anything that makes sense

the vh45 makes less hp than my car and weighs more it only makes 278 crank hp.....and 290 crank tq....i made more power than that with a t25g hahahahahahahaha:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

that vh would be putting down around 225whp.....the ls1's are dynoing at 300whp and 320wht and light as fuck hehe..my t25g powered car was making 250whp hehe and 255 wtq

dudermage nothing against you i just hate when matt uses crap to defend his lame viewpoints. you do what you want brother and best of luck to you
right there :number1

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I know baby its all good :love
I just want you to see the potential of the vh

:lol
i know the potential of the vh....i have a problem when matt posts dumb shit about v8's...like the fuck chevy remark over results that weren't spectacular...that's' why i posted dyno results they weren't directed at you

dude in the other thread was trying to look for a cheap car to make fast...and i suggest the 5.0....and then matt goes on a tangent about how it needs twin turbos and all this other crap and i told him he was on drugs. i told him v8's only needs a different rearend breather mods and maybe heads in some cases and they're in the mid-low 12's with spray you're looking at 11's and he didn't believe me :lmao i told him you supercharge a v8 and do basic shit...you don't turbo untill you're looking for 800+whp and yet again he didn't believe me.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
this arguemetn is fucking stupid. let go of the damn corvette motor. a aaccept its more expensive then its worthwhile to choose

accept that the nissan motor is the best bang for the buck, especially when the intention is stock plus boltons and a tune

accept for taht nissan swap and botlons and tune, you will NOT get a corvette motora nd swap

accept the corvette swap is a dumb idea and does not need to be brought up especially when duder is NOT going to do it
i was only giving rebutals to your supid comments about power in regard to which motor is more efficient and makes the most with what it has

you have no right to talk about bang for buck when you were trying to convince dude in the other thread to twin turbo his stang.....and don't get me started on the 450 dsm injectors and fpr you suggested to the other kid to make 300whp with :lmao

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
werd
sorry but I'd rather do my swap about a year earlier
and I'm sure that I'm going to be happy with 280whp in a car that only weighs 2700 pounds or so
and if not then time to make a custom supercharger kit and shoot for
500whp:cool
how much more does the vh weigh than the ka24de because with the ka your car weighs over 2700 lbs :p

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I never once said turbos or twin turbos were a necessity

thats just fucking lame effort trying to make me look bad

and Im getting pissed off
rods as in connecting rods, not pushrods

just so it can take any extra abuse

and twin turbo, its about bragging rights and a v8 that actually makes torque while spinning high rpms, like 7k+, not just 2-3k rpms :p

you are being ignorant again. not all v8 guys like cheap. lots of them like to show off

personally Id rather see 600whp form a twin setup then a single setup. it will be faster in every way over the single setup.

v8 guys almost NEVER go for the cheapest possible route.

also, if I see a twin setup I think its cool as shit, even if its only making 100 over stock. its called a challeneg, and the guy beat it if its running and in front of me lol

plus, all he needs to do in teh future is bolt bigger turbos and tune it or adjsut carbs, depending on how hes running it

you gotta remember, one bank of 4 cylinders is still 2.5 liters, MUCH more capable then some dinky honda 4 banger. now if they have turbso to make a honda responsive and yet reach 230whp, like a GTI turbio, then a pair of them would only serve to kick some serious ass, especially since the v8 has the grunt of another bank of cylinders helping to spin it.

so what if it runs teh turbos out of breath around 5k or so rpms, it will still be funner then hell to drive :p

tell me you wouldnt turn down a chance to drive a twin turbo v8, or even a twin turbo v6 :D
well.....

then
you argued with me about how it's ok to use 450cc injectors and a fpr instead of just spending another 80 bucks on 550cc injectors to make 300whp on a b18c5

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
you're arguing in a thread where the op spelled car "carrrrrrrr" seriously. you're supposed to be sending me one of those green card asians you promised, you've been too busy here to read the other threads.
you gotta come get em....when you get a free couple of days off we'll go to west virginia....:w00tz

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i might be headed out that way for interviews soon, i've got like 12 job possibilities between maryland, langley(cia), and jersey. so i may be out there sooner than you think.
yo hit me up if you do i only live 20 mins from jersey

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I see how you highlighted PERSONALLY RATHER SEE. PERSONALLY key word.

on the injector part. did you see me telling him its okay to run the 450s at stock pressure? NO. raise the pressure, you raise the possible fuel flow out of the same injector

guy on d series.org made the first 1.81 liter d motor. 235cc stock injectors. stock whp is roughly 100 on a d16y8. he made 126 whp. what did he do? he raised the stock fuel rail pressure to 55 psi. he is an engineer or some shit. not dumb

says his testing indicated hodna injectors flow/mix the best at that pressure

same guy did a turbo build on 450s. raised the rail pressure to 48 psi. netted roughly 320whp. as far as I know its still running hard to this day. it would make it roughly 20 months old now.

Im not breaking the wind with a fart here. Im posting what I have seen.
umm do you read? i said you told him to get an fpr and 450's and he would be fine...absolutely horrible advice. and it's playing roulette with your motor... what does the d-series have to do with the fact that you told a guy to not get 550cc injectors but to get 450's and an fpr...that's just retarded advice plain and simple. now what happens if this kid listens to you and fucks his motor up do to some crazy boost spike? it is the wrong way to do it i don't know why you're arguing it

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah I saw thought
I always thought a fpr was for the reverse
you have 550cc injectors
but you only need 450cc
so you use a fpr to LOWER the amount of flow
but i don't really know for sure
he's too cheap to want to ever buy real injectors so he'd rather run used dsm's that are inadequate for near their peak flow at risk of his motor....an fpr is a band-aid....he reads alot of stuff on the internet and in magazines but has never actually dealt with an injector situation like this....he saw some guy do it on the internet and immediately thinks it's ok.....he'd rather spend 200 bucks on an fpr and used dsm injectors as opposed to 225 dollars for some 550cc injectors that would adequately do the job

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.