Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
that one needs some trim parts too, but imo, as a toy you take to the race track, its def. a complete package. He won't let it go, but he also owns my favorite muscle machine ever, a Dodge Coronet. Here's that:

He prob. won't sell it, but its sweet. An original 440 six pack car with 4spd hurst trans. Its a beast

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i'm sorry matt, but stock chevelle ss i believe ran 14's at best and that's if you could control tire spin. most cars in the mucsle car era were 15 sec cars and high 6's to low 7's on 0-60 times off the floor with the exception of some mopars because they were the first to take high horsepower in a smaller car like with the dart. i always remember those numbers because they were almost identical to the numbers an svt focus put up, and when you own a car you know alot about what it does

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
depends on the year. I dont know if you remember, but they came in all flavors, 175hp, all the way to nearly 400hp

the car is across 10 years I believe, plenty of time for them to change :tu

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
v8's in general are the easiest way to go fast for cheap.

I've been toying with the idea of maybe picking up one of my friend dan's MOPAR's since he's possibly thinking of selling? God 4-500hp close to stock, and the torque!! The cars run like 13-12's stock all day long.

They just handle like beached whales tho, haha
thats why I want to put a VH45DE in mah 240:number1

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
nice, a nissian v8 right? why not. I just feel wierd when I see another brand motor swapped into a honda or nissian or whatever. Feels sac-religious.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
nice, a nissian v8 right? why not. I just feel wierd when I see another brand motor swapped into a honda or nissian or whatever. Feels sac-religious.
why?....

from the factory there are nissan powered chevies

chevy powered toyotas

toyota powered chevy's

subaru powered saab's

manufacturers have other brand motors in their cars all of the time.....there are chevy's that are rb powered from the factory and vise/versa

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
why?....

from the factory there are nissan powered chevies

chevy powered toyotas

toyota powered chevy's

subaru powered saab's

manufacturers have other brand motors in their cars all of the time.....there are chevy's that are rb powered from the factory and vise/versa
meh, I'm a pureist. Granted your right, but imo I wouldn't swap a 4g63 into a 240.

Not saying its retarded, just not my thing or what I would do.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
meh, I'm a pureist. Granted your right, but imo I wouldn't swap a 4g63 into a 240.

Not saying its retarded, just not my thing or what I would do.
eww i wouldn't either...there is no benefit too it at all...i would however swap one into an eg bubble...

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah but
1500 motor>4000+ motor
you know what the difference in WHP is with a usual swap?
about 50-60whp
sorry but 2500+ aint worth an extra 50whp or so
not just about whp it's about power band and tell me what the tq difference between an ls1 and a vh is....tell me which one has broader aftermarket and cheaper parts.......so yes 1500 > 4000 motor....you have a whole series of ls motors to chose from as well.....sorry but nissan v8's don't compare to chevy alluminum pushrod v8's...

a 1500 dollar ls1 dynos around 300rwhp and 320rwtq bone stock...no invest the 2500 dollars you just saved back into the motor and you're making over 400whp.....payin 2500 more to make 50-60 less whp and tq is just ludicrous to me...but hey do what you want it's your car more power too you

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
not just about whp it's about power band and tell me what the tq difference between an ls1 and a vh is....tell me which one has broader aftermarket and cheaper parts.......so yes 1500 > 4000 motor....you have a whole series of ls motors to chose from as well.....sorry but nissan v8's don't compare to chevy alluminum pushrod v8's...

a 1500 dollar ls1 dynos around 300rwhp and 320rwtq bone stock...no invest the 2500 dollars you just saved back into the motor and you're making over 400whp.....payin 2500 more to make 50-60 less whp and tq is just ludicrous to me...but hey do what you want it's your car more power too you
who gives a shit if the pushrod is the better motor

hes doing the swap for a v8, hes prolly gonna limit himself to boltons, and its going to beat your car anyways, so assume the position :D

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
who gives a shit if the pushrod is the better motor

hes doing the swap for a v8, hes prolly gonna limit himself to boltons, and its going to beat your car anyways, so assume the position :D
the pushrod is the better motor and cheaper by 2500 dollars....responds better to mods and is more gas efficient......matt you lose your privilege of commenting on anything that makes sense

the vh45 makes less hp than my car and weighs more it only makes 278 crank hp.....and 290 crank tq....i made more power than that with a t25g hahahahahahahaha:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

that vh would be putting down around 225whp.....the ls1's are dynoing at 300whp and 320wht and light as fuck hehe..my t25g powered car was making 250whp hehe and 255 wtq

dudermage nothing against you i just hate when matt uses crap to defend his lame viewpoints. you do what you want brother and best of luck to you

·
Registered
9,216 Posts

are you high on crack again?
there is no way your getting a full running ls1 swap for 1500
however you CAN get a vh for 1500 WITH 300zx tranny

the pushrod is the better motor and cheaper by 2500 dollars....responds better to mods and is more gas efficient......matt you lose your privilege of commenting on anything that makes sense

the vh45 makes less hp than my car and weighs more it only makes 278 crank hp.....and 290 crank tq....i made more power than that with a t25g hahahahahahahaha:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

that vh would be putting down around 225whp.....the ls1's are dynoing at 300whp and 320wht and light as fuck hehe..my t25g powered car was making 250whp hehe and 255 wtq

dudermage nothing against you i just hate when matt uses crap to defend his lame viewpoints. you do what you want brother and best of luck to you
starting to see your a little biased
Vh swap done properly with a tune will make 280WHP
they have a guy on Zilvia right now who just did the swap and put together a custom turbo for about 1800 and he is looking at 420whp with stock fuel injectors oh and he is only running 8 pounds
he is looking at upgrading the injectors and running 12 he is hoping for somewheres around 550whp

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
:confused

nissan v8 ---1500
chevy v8 ---4000

only a dumbass would spend the 4 grand for what, more potential? better gas mileage?

:lmao

money on teh table says if he does this swap its gonna stay stock fora while, maybe some breather mods

and if he ever wants power, well hes a turbo and good tires away from running 10s or 11s

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
41 - 60 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.