Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
well.....

then
you argued with me about how it's ok to use 450cc injectors and a fpr instead of just spending another 80 bucks on 550cc injectors to make 300whp on a b18c5
I see how you highlighted PERSONALLY RATHER SEE. PERSONALLY key word.

on the injector part. did you see me telling him its okay to run the 450s at stock pressure? NO. raise the pressure, you raise the possible fuel flow out of the same injector

guy on d series.org made the first 1.81 liter d motor. 235cc stock injectors. stock whp is roughly 100 on a d16y8. he made 126 whp. what did he do? he raised the stock fuel rail pressure to 55 psi. he is an engineer or some shit. not dumb

says his testing indicated hodna injectors flow/mix the best at that pressure

same guy did a turbo build on 450s. raised the rail pressure to 48 psi. netted roughly 320whp. as far as I know its still running hard to this day. it would make it roughly 20 months old now.

Im not breaking the wind with a fart here. Im posting what I have seen.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i might be headed out that way for interviews soon, i've got like 12 job possibilities between maryland, langley(cia), and jersey. so i may be out there sooner than you think.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
so while its out of the ordinary, or easily thrown aside simply by buying better items, it should NOT be thrown aside SIMPLY becuase its lesser.

resourceful > money sometimes. thats why I intended for a manual swap plus cam for my del sol, instead of the usual bullshit B swap

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i might be headed out that way for interviews soon, i've got like 12 job possibilities between maryland, langley(cia), and jersey. so i may be out there sooner than you think.
yo hit me up if you do i only live 20 mins from jersey

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
well.....

then
you argued with me about how it's ok to use 450cc injectors and a fpr instead of just spending another 80 bucks on 550cc injectors to make 300whp on a b18c5
yeah I saw thought
I always thought a fpr was for the reverse
you have 550cc injectors
but you only need 450cc
so you use a fpr to LOWER the amount of flow
but i don't really know for sure

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
why go up north? it gets cold :p

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
I see how you highlighted PERSONALLY RATHER SEE. PERSONALLY key word.

on the injector part. did you see me telling him its okay to run the 450s at stock pressure? NO. raise the pressure, you raise the possible fuel flow out of the same injector

guy on d series.org made the first 1.81 liter d motor. 235cc stock injectors. stock whp is roughly 100 on a d16y8. he made 126 whp. what did he do? he raised the stock fuel rail pressure to 55 psi. he is an engineer or some shit. not dumb

says his testing indicated hodna injectors flow/mix the best at that pressure

same guy did a turbo build on 450s. raised the rail pressure to 48 psi. netted roughly 320whp. as far as I know its still running hard to this day. it would make it roughly 20 months old now.

Im not breaking the wind with a fart here. Im posting what I have seen.
umm do you read? i said you told him to get an fpr and 450's and he would be fine...absolutely horrible advice. and it's playing roulette with your motor... what does the d-series have to do with the fact that you told a guy to not get 550cc injectors but to get 450's and an fpr...that's just retarded advice plain and simple. now what happens if this kid listens to you and fucks his motor up do to some crazy boost spike? it is the wrong way to do it i don't know why you're arguing it

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
yeah I saw thought
I always thought a fpr was for the reverse
you have 550cc injectors
but you only need 450cc
so you use a fpr to LOWER the amount of flow
but i don't really know for sure
he's too cheap to want to ever buy real injectors so he'd rather run used dsm's that are inadequate for near their peak flow at risk of his motor....an fpr is a band-aid....he reads alot of stuff on the internet and in magazines but has never actually dealt with an injector situation like this....he saw some guy do it on the internet and immediately thinks it's ok.....he'd rather spend 200 bucks on an fpr and used dsm injectors as opposed to 225 dollars for some 550cc injectors that would adequately do the job

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
he's too cheap to want to ever buy real injectors so he'd rather run used dsm's that are inadequate for near their peak flow at risk of his motor....an fpr is a band-aid....he reads alot of stuff on the internet and in magazines but has never actually dealt with an injector situation like this....he saw some guy do it on the internet and immediately thinks it's ok.....he'd rather spend 200 bucks on an fpr and used dsm injectors as opposed to 225 dollars for some 550cc injectors that would adequately do the job
why the hell would you even offer that as solution for someone:confused

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
so while its out of the ordinary, or easily thrown aside simply by buying better items, it should NOT be thrown aside SIMPLY becuase its lesser.

resourceful > money sometimes. thats why I intended for a manual swap plus cam for my del sol, instead of the usual bullshit B swap
you're on crack.....an manual swap plus a cam still loses to a stock b18b......which isn't even expensive....."b swap bullshit"? are you serious......the only bullshit b out there is the b16 and seriously....who can't beat a b16? cavaliers will roast b16's ......the only times lesser is better is when it's substantially cheaper and out performs the higher end thing you're trying to compete with........resourceful is good when you getting something of quality that you couldn't have had other wise.....

n/a b-series is a waste of time/money period it isn't cheap or effective....now boosting them is another story....but seriously it's a 80whp motor and you're gonan spend thousands of dollars to make 130whp? gtfo

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
why the hell would you even offer that as solution for someone:confused
because he's a cheap ass...the only reason he didn't opt for the "usual bswap" bullshit is because he can't afford it....it's just cheaper to do a manual swap and a cam....which is fine just don't talk shit on stuff because you can't afford it

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
ouch dude, i'm hurting for cash to my man. i feel not being able to afford what i want to do. i have a k&n cone filter on the accord but couldn't afford to get the piping for it, it sucks i want the whole setup but can do it.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
ouch dude, i'm hurting for cash to my man. i feel not being able to afford what i want to do. i have a k&n cone filter on the accord but couldn't afford to get the piping for it, it sucks i want the whole setup but can do it.
do it right or go home....save up and do it nothing wrong with saving for more cash...but to do it ass backwards that might end up costing you more in the future isn't bright. i waited 3 years before i could put a larger turbo on my car and coilovers which i did in september....patience is a virtue but i wouldn't talk shit on something more practical just because i can't afford it right now...i still have a tone of shit to do to my car...primarily injectors but i'm not gonna go out of my way for an fpr to make a little more power than if i had saved money for an extra week to do it the right way and not worry about blowing my shit

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
do it right or go home....save up and do it nothing wrong with saving for more cash...but to do it ass backwards that might end up costing you more in the future isn't bright. i waited 3 years before i could put a larger turbo on my car and coilovers which i did in september....patience is a virtue but i wouldn't talk shit on something more practical just because i can't afford it right now...i still have a tone of shit to do to my car...primarily injectors but i'm not gonna go out of my way for an fpr to make a little more power than if i had saved money for an extra week to do it the right way and not worry about blowing my shit
dude yu couldnt of worded tht anybetter
+++++ wats all this talk bout i see yu guys are debatingg but damnnn i was lookin a 2 specific cars mustang gt 93-98 or and eclipse gsx-t(talons tsi)
mostly it because these are cars ikno shyt bout....

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Im gonna throw a spanner in the works now.
A SAAB 9000 2.3 turbo
Pick one up for £500
Bigger injectors £400
Bigger turbo £650
3bar map sensor £100
Remap £350 (Unless its a pre 91 car then there is a paint covered screw under the dash which is the boost limit screw so you just screw her right up to 1.2bar):ninja
= 400bhp for £2000
If your wanting to head into 500bhp+you need a big Garret GT30R and cams+head work+650cc injectors.
And not an internal needs touched :ninja
= 400bhp for £2000

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Im gonna throw a spanner in the works now.
A SAAB 9000 2.3 turbo
Pick one up for £500
Bigger injectors £400
Bigger turbo £650
3bar map sensor £100
Remap £350 (Unless its a pre 91 car then there is a paint covered screw under the dash which is the boost limit screw so you just screw her right up to 1.2bar):ninja
= 400bhp for £2000
If your wanting to head into 500bhp+you need a big Garret GT30R and cams+head work+650cc injectors.
And not an internal needs touched :ninja
= 400bhp for £2000
Most sweedish turbo'd cars this holds true. Hell, I could get 300whp out of my car without having to touch internals either.

Bigger DP, exhaust, intake, upgrade the turbo to a 16g or 19t, tune = 300whp all day long or more depending on setup.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
my b16 never lost to a cavalier
i haven't seen any b series lose to a cavalier, or a reg cobalt while we're on that point. i know i've taken an ss in my accord, but not the ss s/c no way. the guy in the ss didn't take it too well because i was able to not only pull ahead of him but get in front of him. he started screaming at me and flipping me off and stuff. i was like "dude, you got beat straight off the line" i only got in front of him after i got half a car ahead so i could flash him because i watched this dude whip in and out of traffic driving like and idiot on the highway, so when i seen him get off the highway(which happened to be a great newly paved back road with no traffic hardly ever) i decided to get off there to just to prove a point to him and to see if my car could handle his or not.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Cav's are complete piles of shit and GM should have given that car an abortion. I don't care how good of a motor you put in it, its still a shitty car. /thread

101 - 120 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.