Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
i haven't seen any b series lose to a cavalier, or a reg cobalt while we're on that point. i know i've taken an ss in my accord, but not the ss s/c no way. the guy in the ss didn't take it too well because i was able to not only pull ahead of him but get in front of him. he started screaming at me and flipping me off and stuff. i was like "dude, you got beat straight off the line" i only got in front of him after i got half a car ahead so i could flash him because i watched this dude whip in and out of traffic driving like and idiot on the highway, so when i seen him get off the highway(which happened to be a great newly paved back road with no traffic hardly ever) i decided to get off there to just to prove a point to him and to see if my car could handle his or not.
a lot of people talk shit about the b16 because it doesnt have a lot of torque. But I have got zero complaints about it. I love this motor and it has worked well for me. The biggest thing with them is that you cant put them in anything bigger then a hatch because the car is too heavy. But considering I took a b16 with bolt ons, a 50 shot, and an ls trans down to a 13.2..i think its served me pretty well.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
my b16 never lost to a cavalier
because it's bottle fed with boltons in a 1900 lb hatch you could spray a d-series in a 1900 lb hatch and still break 13's...now a 1999-2000 stock civic si is another story weighing in at 2600 lbs lbs+ without the driver.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i haven't seen any b series lose to a cavalier, or a reg cobalt while we're on that point. i know i've taken an ss in my accord, but not the ss s/c no way. the guy in the ss didn't take it too well because i was able to not only pull ahead of him but get in front of him. he started screaming at me and flipping me off and stuff. i was like "dude, you got beat straight off the line" i only got in front of him after i got half a car ahead so i could flash him because i watched this dude whip in and out of traffic driving like and idiot on the highway, so when i seen him get off the highway(which happened to be a great newly paved back road with no traffic hardly ever) i decided to get off there to just to prove a point to him and to see if my car could handle his or not.
a z24 cavalier is about as fast as a gsr integra at a 1/4 mile track. and who cares about non FI ss's they make like a 145whp and aren't exactly light.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
because it's bottle fed with boltons in a 1900 lb hatch you could spray a d-series in a 1900 lb hatch and still break 13's...now a 1999-2000 stock civic si is another story weighing in at 2600 lbs lbs+ without the driver.
i never lost to a cavalier without the bottle. and spraying a single cam with bolt ons wont get you that deep into the 13's

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i never lost to a cavalier without the bottle. and spraying a single cam with bolt ons wont get you that deep into the 13's
true i just said in the 13's. and i wouldn't expect you to lose to a cavalier in a 145whp 1900 lbs car :p

·
Registered
5,141 Posts

Cavailer 4x4 turbo?? :confused
210bhp out the factory 4x4?
Or am i way off?

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
actually noob i'm talking about a z24 not a 96 whp base cavalier
That dosen't impress me, the Z24 is metro sexual at best.

Sorry, you won't make me a believer out of that car ever. Biggest piles of shit ever. And whats so diffrent between the Z24 and the rest of em? Sure, the ECO tec is a strong motor, and the car can be quick, but its still too bad its wrapped up in such a hunk of turd.

I'm still surprised you stand up for these things considering all the FAR superior cars out there, your one of the few and the proud I guess. Maybe yours actually lasted and wasnt broken or being a cheap POS all the time.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
That dosen't impress me, the Z24 is metro sexual at best.

Sorry, you won't make me a believer out of that car ever. Biggest piles of shit ever. And whats so diffrent between the Z24 and the rest of em?
Sure, the ECO tec is a strong motor, and the car can be quick, but its still too bad its wrapped up in such a hunk of turd.

I'm still surprised you stand up for these things considering all the FAR superior cars out there, your one of the few and the proud I guess. Maybe yours actually lasted and wasnt broken or being a cheap POS all the time.
considering it's about as fast a stock gsr and it's not hard to get them into the 14's...or that when both are fed some FI they make considerable more tq. i'll give any car props that can make considerably balanced hp and tq at a reasonable rpm....no offense but you drove an integra what makes that car so special outside of the honda community? and z24's don't come with ecotec's they come with ld9's which will putdown 180+hp with a 200 dollar head upgrade...the integras and civics weren't anything to rave about. so i don't know why you make it sounds like you're comparing a kia to a ferrari

90% of the similarly aged hondas on the road or riced out rusted out fart machines that will be lucky to see a 16 second 1/4 mile or are shooting out puffs of smoke because of fucked up ring lands.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
why are we defending gsr's and cavaliers?

both suck, end of story. my brothers 91 celica gts rapes both cars in stock trim

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
why are we defending gsr's and cavaliers?

both suck, end of story. my brothers 91 celica gts rapes both cars in stock trim
yup..... you're definitely no only smoking crack but also shooting it into your penis
Toyota Celicas .com - Specs by Year - 1991 Toyota Celica
Specifications:
All-Trac Turbo 2 Dr Liftback
GT-S 2 Dr Liftback
GT 2 Dr Convertible
GT 2 Dr Coupe
GT 2 Dr Liftback
ST 2 Dr Coupe
Standard engine
4 Cylinder, 2.0 Liter, 200 Horsepower Engine
4 Cylinder, 2.2 Liter, 130 Horsepower Engine
4 Cylinder, 1.6 Liter, 103 Horsepower Engine
MPG (City/Hwy)
19/24
22/30
22/30
22/30
22/30
28/33
Wheelbase
99.4"
99.4"
99.4"
99.4"
99.4"
99.4"
Overall Length
174"
173.6"
176"
176"
173.6"
176"
Curb Weight
3,272 lbs.
2,844 lbs.
2,674 lbs.
2,696 lbs.
2,500 lbs.
2,253 lbs.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
those are just words

transmission means everything in low power setups

Im not just saying this, my brother has a few friends that drive different cavaliers, and he supposedly races a gsr 1.8 on teh highway, starting form a dig and going to 90mph

weight and power are not teh main players in performance IF teh tranny is matched perfectly to teh motor and chassis, you know this very well

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
previous owner dyno'd this GTS with 262k miles with a new OEM clutch, cold air intake, fresh tune up, and a header. dyno'd at 125whp. this makes me believe toyota under rated teh power by a large amount, cuz that means its actually pushing more like 150 at teh crank stock

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
previous owner dyno'd this GTS with 262k miles with a new OEM clutch, cold air intake, fresh tune up, and a header. dyno'd at 125whp. this makes me believe toyota under rated teh power by a large amount, cuz that means its actually pushing more like 150 at teh crank stock
and dynojets/dyno packs don't count. and 15% drivetrain loss off of 130 is 110.5 so with a nice header and an intake i'm sure you can pick up 14.5 hp. the 3sge isn't overrated at all.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.