Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to an article on vtec.net, it has been speculated that the upcoming tl will recieve a boost in power to 295 hp...

is it me, or does anyone else wish honda would start making the majority of their cars with a v6 available with sh-awd (preferably with a bias towards the rear)?

i see nothing but torque steer and an inability to evoke that sense of sophistication and luxury that its rivals have (lexus, infinity, and most especially bmw and mercedes benz).

·
Registered
357 Posts
theflipimage said:
according to an article on vtec.net, it has been speculated that the upcoming tl will recieve a boost in power to 295 hp...

is it me, or does anyone else wish honda would start making the majority of their cars with a v6 available with sh-awd (preferably with a bias towards the rear)?

i see nothing but torque steer and an inability to evoke that sense of sophistication and luxury that its rivals have (lexus, infinity, and most especially bmw and mercedes benz).
Acura is going toput sh-awd in all their newer models.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Isn't that the full model change for TL is still 2 years away? So the engine upgrade will be available for the existing TL as part of a refresh effort to boost sales. But if Honda put a 295bhp engine in the existing TL... All I can say is "Holy torque steer Batman!"

300hp SH-AWD TL would be nice... But what would become of the RL then?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Midi_Amp said:
Isn't that the full model change for TL is still 2 years away? So the engine upgrade will be available for the existing TL as part of a refresh effort to boost sales. But if Honda put a 295bhp engine in the existing TL... All I can say is "Holy torque steer Batman!"

300hp SH-AWD TL would be nice... But what would become of the RL then?
Exactly, they can't do that...yet.

·
Registered
972 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
t's how Cadillac puts 300+hp V8s into their FWD cars.
Holy... Crap! V8 on an FF platform! I search around the net and found Cadillac DTS to feature this setup. Looks like my basic knowledge of engineering got the better of me, I thought 260 bhp is the limit for any FF car. Oh well, Honda most likely already know about this stuff and all, hey, they might just pull it right this time.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Midi_Amp said:
Holy... Crap! V8 on an FF platform! I search around the net and found Cadillac DTS to feature this setup. Looks like my basic knowledge of engineering got the better of me, I thought 260 bhp is the limit for any FF car. Oh well, Honda most likely already know about this stuff and all, hey, they might just pull it right this time.
They definitely know about it, as my Integra has equal length halfshafts. Add an LSD, and drag racing is defnitely an option.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, but dynamically, i don't think it will be up to par with its rear wheel drive rivals (re: bmw, lexus, infinity)...

and again, there is a certain air of prestige that those cars have that acura will not ever have if they continue with ff only drivetrains... sh-awd would be the way to go in my opinion... glad it will eventually make it to most if not all models... however, i feel that the sh-awd should have a majority of its torque going to the rear, not the front in normal operation...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.