Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an AEM CAI, and Greddy SP exhaust, and springs and shocks...anyone have any suggestions for my next step?? how big of a difference do headers make, and what brand is the best?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
what year do u have?

I would say get the header to complete the set up or pulley's.......

suspension mods are always good

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well since you have a '97 Lude, and already have the given intake and exhaust, I'd go with either a set of pulleys or a VAFC. Both are probably your best bets as far as "horsepower for the money" is concerned. The only problem with the VAFC is that it needs to be dyno tuned in order for you to see your optimum settings, which can be a problem for some people.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
my vote goes to.......swaybars...both front and rear!!!!

and also some sticky tires:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, I'd probably go with the pulleys or the VAFC but aside from the dyno tuning for the VAFC you'd also have to do the OBDII workaround...:eek:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
RacerOne said:
Yeah, I'd probably go with the pulleys or the VAFC but aside from the dyno tuning for the VAFC you'd also have to do the OBDII workaround...:eek:
u don't have too...........

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
lOOkatme said:
my vote goes to.......swaybars...both front and rear!!!!

and also some sticky tires:)
seconded.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
RC Throttle body & header. Since you already have a greddy exhaust , I would go with a greddy header.....

VAFC is for when your ready to hit the dyno....If you dont have one in your area your out of luck so look into a place that can properly tune a VAFC and dyno your car. If they dont work on honda's much I wouldnt even bother.

·
Registered
128 Posts
u don't have too
Yeah, I know 97lude that you don't have too. But it's not all that good to play with the settings on the VAFC if you don't know what your doing and the OBDII workaround should be done unless you want to pull your fuse on a regular basis.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
RacerOne said:
Yeah, I know 97lude that you don't have too. But it's not all that good to play with the settings on the VAFC if you don't know what your doing and the OBDII workaround should be done unless you want to pull your fuse on a regular basis.....:rolleyes:
I agree with him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts