Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking briefly about Revolution, Iwata announced a number of hard details regarding the next-generation system for the first time - including the fact that the console will be backwards compatible with the GameCube, and will have WiFi online functionality built into the system.

The chips for the system are on schedule, he claimed, with ATI working on a custom graphics part codenamed "Hollywood" and IBM working on a chip called "Broadway" - the capitals of movie entertainment and stage entertainment respectively, he noted.
And in line with comments from Microsoft's J Allard and Sony's Mark DeLoura yesterday, Iwata promised that Revolution will not be a difficult platform to develop for. "Even though the game experience will be very different for players, developing for Revolution will be familiar," he pledged. "There will be no steep new learning curve. It's a place where the best ideas, not the biggest budget, will win."

also mentions that the ds will go online

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7359

here's the new zelda trailer!!!!

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=641

this news gets me excited enough to want the revolution :)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
FYI: I saw the trailer yesterday. At first I wasn't going to watch it because I thought it might be the same one that N. was showing at E3, but it's a different one.

Seems like the graphic deferences between the next gen systems are getting smaller and smaller. I guess game content will make or break how each system does.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
AznImports602 said:
Yea that zelda trailer was nice, but I want to see more now. The future looks promising for the big N.
I don't think they realized what a big jump in hardware the PS2 and new (at the time) Xbox were going to be over the previous generation of systems.

The GC had some good games from Nintendo itself, but lacked support from other publishers IMHO. Hopefully they can straighten things out, as a multitude of strong systems w/ good games is a plus for all gamers. :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
I don't think they realized what a big jump in hardware the PS2 and new (at the time) Xbox were going to be over the previous generation of systems.

The GC had some good games from Nintendo itself, but lacked support from other publishers IMHO. Hopefully they can straighten things out, as a multitude of strong systems w/ good games is a plus for all gamers. :D
Yea Nintendo needs to build up some strong relationships with more third parties developers, their first party wont last forever.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
AznImports602 said:
Yea Nintendo needs to build up some strong relationships with more third parties developers, their first party wont last forever.
Not having a strong presence in sporting games has gotta be addressed. Plus I think they need to address not having some type of more mature fighting game.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
the biggest problem with the big N is the fact that they have a different view on the gaming industry from how sony and microsoft. for that very reason, they automatically alienate themselves from the industry. i dont see them looking to attract third parties especially if this next gen console is going to be dramatically different from the PS3 and Xenon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts