Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know ZEX recommends a 4 degree retard on the ignition timing if you plan to squeeze a 75 shot but is it possible to run that high of a shot without retarding the timing? thanx

· Registered
153 Posts
ahha damn man i asked the same questions around a fe wother webboards b4 i upped to 75 shot 2 weeks ago.. nthey say yes u can.. but its more riskier... but this is what my performance shop told me... "do you want to come back here someday with a blown engine because you dindt want to retard yer timing a few degrees"

in other words.... retard or rebuild... is the few horsepoer u lose worth the cost of a new engine?

· Registered
88 Posts
nitrous

Run plugs one to two ranges colder than stock (they will dissipate heat through the head better lessening the chance of detonation) also raise your octane to at least 100 (NOS makes a booster good for about 7 points) the lower the octane the more volatile your fuel making premature ignition from heat more likely. This will allow you to run your 75hp shot, if your still uncertain retard about 1 degree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.