Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
The fire started as a seperate thing..I dont even think that was nitrous causing that, because nitrous isn't flamable. If by some stretch of the imaginationt hat was nitrous, the only reason you would get a spraying like that is if the fire burnt through the pressurized nitrous line going to the silinoids causing it to escape. I'm thinking more along the lines of a secondary fuel pump thats on a switched 12volt that didnt get turned off when the fire started so it kept spewing fuel.

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That fuel thing makes alot of sense. I didn't think about that before hand.

I am seriously thinking about just going with a 70 wet shot from Zex for my LS. Seems it can handle it for a good long while.

Is it going to be a nice seat of the pants difference either with teh 55 or 70 shot?:D

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
you will notice a difference no matter which you choose..if you go with the 50..then jump to a 75..you will feel a difference there also..but not as drastic. I'm jumping from a 50 shot dry to a 100 wet on my b16...i wont know what that feels like until i get my motor mount fixed..should feel nice though

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
you will notice a difference no matter which you choose..if you go with the 50..then jump to a 75..you will feel a difference there also..but not as drastic. I'm jumping from a 50 shot dry to a 100 wet on my b16...i wont know what that feels like until i get my motor mount fixed..should feel nice though
Hell yeah..I can't wait to get my shit ordered. I am just gonna tell the usual people in my family that keep asking me what I want for x-mas just to give me a few bucks. Put that towards the kit and then hopefully use my tax return in the MOST SUCKIEST WAY EVER..which is pay off credit cards:cry:bash........Damn girls

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You know ever since I bought my car...was 18 at the time. I wanted to start making it quicker..but i wasn't sure what to do...I worked at Honda at the time and a guy there was selling his B18B1 out of his Hatch to put a B20 in as he did autocross. So bought his LS long block off him for 500bucks. I was still 18 at the time...finally...by the age of 23 I put the LS in my car. It made a nice differnce over the D series..I must say though the D16Z6 pulled fairly hard up top.

I often hear alot of people say that a civic with I/H/E with a D16Z6 will out run a Civic with an LS swap. This maybe true although I can drive pretty damn good and I don't think that would happen with the shorter gears on my GSR tranny. Of course if I got someone talking smack..I will just shooot by there ass with that 70 shot:clappy:D

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Alright guys, Finally got around to doing a Compression Test after work today.

Here are the results:

Cylinder 1-188psi
Cylinder 2-180psi
Cylinder 3-179psi
Cylinder 4-177psi

All the spark plugs were good and tan..they looked good.

Let me know if the compression is good enough for a 55-70 shot of nitrous..I don't want to be putting rings in it in a couple months either..still haven't decided on a 55 dry/wet shot or a 70 wet.

If I remember correctly teh rule of thumb is not to have more than a 10% drop in compression between Cylinders.

If so and my math is correct I should be fine.

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
compression looks really well
now its on you as to what you want

Hey man,Appreciate the insight:)

As for which shot for me to run..I want to run the 70 wet..and even though I have been reading the last good while about nitrous and know alot more than I did 2 weeks ago..I still consider myself a nitrous newb as I have never had my car equipped with it.

Some insight on this from you guys would help me finalize a decision.

Based on teh compression numbers above..which BTW were done with the throttle closed..I forgot to do it with the throttle open and by the time I realized it I already had the plugs back in adn the injector clips back on so I just said fook it:bash

Biggest thing is this is my DD.

According to what I am picking up..with either the 55 or 70 shot I won't need any tuning(Hondata,Chrome,etc)correct? Will get the colder plugs from Zex when I order..seems some people with a shot between say 55 and 70 take some ignition timing out..and some don't.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts

As for which shot for me to run..I want to run the 70 wet..and even though I have been reading the last good while about nitrous and know alot more than I did 2 weeks ago..I still consider myself a nitrous newb as I have never had my car equipped with it.

Based on teh compression numbers above..which BTW were done with the throttle closed..I forgot to do it with the throttle open and by the time I realized it I already had the plugs back in adn the injector clips back on so I just said fook it:bash

According to what I am picking up..with either the 55 or 70 shot I won't need any tuning(Hondata,Chrome,etc)correct? Will get the colder plugs from Zex when I order..seems some people with a shot between say 55 and 70 take some ignition timing out..and some don't.
you should feel honored...he's never nice. in fact he's worse than me

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts

You're compression numbers look good. You will want to take 2 degrees of timing out and go with two steps colder spark plugs. You can go with either the 55 or the 70..Its not going to change your needs at this point. You will not need any external tuning equipment. With a 50 shot you could leave the timing where its at, but if you go above that I would say pull some out. The rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50 shot. But 2 degrees for jsut a 50 shot is overkill IMO.

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks guys for not running me off..I try and research and do searches before makings new topics...even If I have to go through page after page of results..usually the answer to my questions lies there somewhere..plus you learn more than way to when you see a MISC topic that interests you.

Looks like I am going to order the Zex 70 wet shot kit. Take 2 degrees out of the Ign. Timing and have fun with it:)

· Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
Thanks guys for not running me off..I try and research and do searches before makings new topics...even If I have to go through page after page of results..usually the answer to my questions lies there somewhere..plus you learn more than way to when you see a MISC topic that interests you.

Looks like I am going to order the Zex 70 wet shot kit. Take 2 degrees out of the Ign. Timing and have fun with it:)
sounds good
the other thing on researching is you can sift fact from fiction
typically people get a idea in there head, impose it on other people, then it becomes fact, and its actually not true

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
sounds good
the other thing on researching is you can sift fact from fiction
typically people get a idea in there head, impose it on other people, then it becomes fact, and its actually not true
werd

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.