Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So my set up is a high comp GSR at about 11.5:1 with pretty much all major bolt ons and no head work. Made 171whp. I am thinking about purchasing a nitrous express single stage wet kit and running a 50 shot when at the track and for pleasure. I'm running Hondata s200 has the nitrous management system which makes things much easier to tune and run safely. This sound like a safe set up that will make decent #? What else would i have to get that doesn't come with the NX kits. I was thinking a bottle gauge so i can monitor it and of course colder plugs. Am I missing anything important?

Also pics of where u guys mount your bottles and where i should. Its goin a EG hatch!

Thanks

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Hey,

So my set up is a high comp GSR at about 11.5:1 with pretty much all major bolt ons and no head work. Made 171whp. I am thinking about purchasing a nitrous express single stage wet kit and running a 50 shot when at the track and for pleasure. I'm running Hondata s200 has the nitrous management system which makes things much easier to tune and run safely. This sound like a safe set up that will make decent #? What else would i have to get that doesn't come with the NX kits. I was thinking a bottle gauge so i can monitor it and of course colder plugs. Am I missing anything important?

Also pics of where u guys mount your bottles and where i should. Its goin a EG hatch!

Thanks

bottle heaters and of course the nitrous pressure gauge are good to get..and definetly the colder plugs..as far as you sit a basic setup like that will work well for you.

I had my bottle mounted behind the driver seat in my hatch for years..but because i put the car on the trailer and took out the passenger seat, i have put it there now becuase its easier to wire shit and get to the bottle....i mounted a bottle in a crx on the elft side of the "trunk" area right against the body infornt of the taillight.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
the nx kit comes with the blowdown tube last i checked..but the NOS kits do not..and yes..you have to have that at any NHRA track

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
50 shot wouldn't do anything go bigger 100 shot all day since u getting it tune
a 50 shot is good for about a half second..plus a lot of guys daily drive their cars and a 100 shot is a lot of wear and tear on the rings, especially at 11.5:1 compression

· Registered
1,139 Posts
go 100 shot, imo. i've ridden in a 50 shit before, and it didn't do a whole lot.

· Registered
20,271 Posts
go 100 shot, imo. i've ridden in a 50 shit before, and it didn't do a whole lot.
maybe in your heavy slow accord 50 shots didnt feel like much...but in a lighter civic a 50 shot like kev stated is good for half a sec

I do have a Integra GSR plate system for sale

· Registered
401 Posts

I pulled almost a full second with a 50 shot on the 1/8th. (have slips) and that was on the d16z6 in my 94 ex coupe before we built it. That was a NOS dry kit with the manifold regulator. 75 hp zex on the wife's 00' stratus(about 5 years ago(v-6, auto) pulled it from a 17.1 to a 16.0 on the quarter - completely repeatable. (It made her happy). Your results can and will vary depending on how it is installed, parts compatability and tuning.
HENRY

· Registered
1,139 Posts
i wasn't driving my heavy slow accord :p it was in a lude. it was noticeable, but wasn't what i expected.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
i wasn't driving my heavy slow accord :p it was in a lude. it was noticeable, but wasn't what i expected.
you were in a heavy slow lude:lol2

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
that's my point if u worry about rings.......so don't spray it at all.
If you run a shot that is sized for your engine you arn't going to have much in the way of adverse effects on the rings. Yes, eventually you will go through them. But you buy yourself a lot of time.

· Registered
2,148 Posts
that's cuz you play to much need for speed :hehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.