Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what happens if i mount the nitrous nozzle closer than specified in the intructions?

ZEX said place the nozzle 6"-16" from throttle body. im at 4". please help me before i blow up my car =) thanx!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just want to know why you would not listen to the instructions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
KABOOOOMMMMM...:p just do it the right way.. dont play with NOS

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
it wont affect it at all , i confirmed with the nos techs many times on this. the only thing the distance does it make it engage quicked or slower. . .
the farther you put it from the throttle body , the longer it will take it to get insde the engine when activatedm therefor allowing the tires to get better tracti0on between shifts.
the closer it is , it engages quicker therefore you will lose traction if dont have good tires , , ie , slicks, drag radials \
they just tell people 6-12-or12-16 or whatever is becuase most people on the streets dont use drag radials on the street therefore cant afford to have the tires break loose when engaged, i have mine a bit less than 6inches now and i felt a great difference from when it was like 12-14 inches before.
when in doubt call nos techs.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yea Yea. I dont like it cuz I find its too dangerous.... I will post a pic of somthing when i can find it. It was on one of the threads, hopefully i'll find it.... found them but cant connect to image station. soon enough
itr206 said:
great input mtl ricer
Yea nice investment on that single winshield wiper.
But lets not get into a flaming war. We have our own opinions and lets just agree on that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, the Zex is a dry setup essentially and the further you move the nozzle away from the TB the more time it has to cool the ingoing air and also the more time that it has to mix better with the air. It is safer with it further away from the TB, but it will sacrifice a little bit of that instant kick, but will help with traction and help keep you from breaking axles.

Later, Chris

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
you know what mtl racer. . . . your a pussy . if you wanna talk shit , some on up and get spanked.
i will rip your car a new asshole. even with my single wiper.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im currently fixing the placement of the nozzle... can you guys please stop acting like children & stop fighting online... let the thread die already... thanx =)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Chrisneon is absolutely correct I talked with the ZEX reps and not the NOS reps and they told me optimum placement is about a foot away from the throttlebody. At four inches you are too close and can get uneven distribution through your cylinders which can cause detonation and then the big KABLOOEY!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
the distance has nothing to do with ditribtuion . how the hell would that make a difference the ony way you can get better dist is going direct port.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mtl Racer said:
Yea Yea. I dont like it cuz I find its too dangerous.... I will post a pic of somthing when i can find it.
We have our own opinions and lets just agree on that.
Obviously you didn't read that thread. The idiot in those pics double the diaphragms on his nitrous bottle and left his bottle heater on. When you ignorantly modify safety devices they become useless.
We all have our own opinions, but this is a nitrous forum. Maybe you missed the title at the top of the page. Obviously everyone in this forum wants to learn about nitrous and believes that it is a safe way to modify our cars. People have been using nitrous since before the accident that caused your mother to conceive you. Don't come in here and post bullshit on topics that you know nothing about. Actually, better yet, just don't come in here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mtl Racer said:
Fucking flamers.
And if you don't like me, you can stay out of this forum. I can guarantee that you won't see me in any other forum on this damn board. The only reason that I'm here is to help Wutangben out with distributing some tech. If he wasn't the mod here, I'd be over at p r e l u d e o n l i n e . c o m, where I don't have to deal with idiots like you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
spacetuna said:
Didn't you say when in doubt call the NOS techs... well shithead, he's got a zex kit and I talked to the zex techs. Go fuck yourself.
I am assuming that you are trying to flame me, but you have the wrong guy. I would never tell anyone to call the NOS techs, unless it was to get the correct jet sizes. I haven't talked to a competent NOS tech yet. Also, all dry kits follow the same phylosophy. Nitrous sprays out of a nozzle at 900 psi, is distributed to the cylinders by the intake manifold, mixed with fuel, and combustion takes place. It doesn't matter what name is on the bottle. Nitrous is always N20.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.