Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Zex in an ex

i'm getting ready to put a 55 shot of zex on my 98 civic ex...just wondering if there is anybody else out there thats seen it done or has it and knows how the car takes it...

Alex
98 Civic EX
-Weapon R intake
-DC Sports 4-1 Header
-Greddy Evo Cat-Back
-AEM Cam gear, underdrive pulleys
-AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator
-Apexi V-AFC

· Registered
381 Posts
Spartan*pridE said:
uhhhh...i wanna do it cuz i looks cool...thats my reason...and if u think about it...every thin is rice...:rolleyes:

uhh...i would like to call you a dumbass...dumbass

not everything is rice

rice is only the people..or things that throw out money for bullshit things..

a civic with a no name body kit..clear corners...no name i/h/e..riding on hubs..not DUBS..but hubs
and the owner thinking hes the shit cruising the street all badass..
thats rice

ppl tht have a stock car..or the bare i/h/e WITH NOS..
thats rice

everything else is perfomance

· Registered
4,607 Posts
some people also call that trying to maximize thier dollars for what they have to spend......u know thats why cars are different out, people dont all follow the same steps.:rolleyes:

· Registered
381 Posts
jmcn R said:
some people also call that trying to maximize thier dollars for what they have to spend......u know thats why cars are different out, people dont all follow the same steps.:rolleyes:

or also.....the pussy way out...

strapping nos on a stock car is even worse then bolting on a supercharger right after picking up some car off a lot..

its not about how to get quick power...its about how to maximize power....

its like the rx7 and the rx8

the 3rd gen rx7 was is s turbo'd 1.3 2rotor....with the turbo it had 255hp....

and the new...upcoming rx8 has a 1.3 2 rotor also..but is n/a....no turbo...and has 250 hp...

there are better things to do to your car than a 30 minute bolt on kit..

· Registered
1,507 Posts
if you get a supercharger kit and put it on a new car, what's the problem? if you run a nitrous kit designed for your car, what's wrong?

someone else thought out how they should work on the car, that's why we buy vehicle specific parts.

purging (i guess you'd use water if you don't have an nos kit) would be stupid and pointless. that's like putting a "got vtec" sticker on your non vtec civic.

but hey.. who am i...

· Registered
41 Posts
Well...seeing as how i live in one of the richest areas in Colorado. I hear it is said to be the fastest growing residential area in the country right now..... Not lying, Highlands Ranch Colorado man.And i couldn't even begin to tell you how many rice burners are around here. Most are all show and no go though. Eveyone's mommy and daddy bought their imports for them. Their parents are rich. My parents are wealthy, but i pay for every cent of that car, including all the work that has been done on it. Everything. There's a qlique runnin around here that drives BMW's. About 5 of them. They think they are all hot shit cause they got beamers that their parents bought for them. Annoying man. Everyone owns a nice car down here. And if you dont.....your usually out of place and you stand out with a beater runner. It happens. Lots of rich athletes to. U have to remember though, im a pizza deliverer, i see thousands of cars almost everyday. Name a car....betcha iv seen it. About the only thing i dont see........is a lamborghini Diablo. That's always a stomach turner.
Dude, I know how you feel. I live in the wealthiest county in Illinois and pretty much everyone around here is pretty well off.(ever hear of Klein Tools? He's my neighbor. Has a nice M3 and a wicked Lightning) All the kids here get 323s, X5s, Navigators, and Camaros, and they expect their parents to foot the bill for all the stupid shit they pull.

I, on the other hand, got lucky a few times, used my head, and ended up with a Corvette. Its not the fastest car around (that will change - ill get to that in a minute), and its not perfect, but its the best damn car I've ever owned. I always get shit from people telling me, "oh you rich boy with your vette, blah blah I'm going to get intake, headers and exhaust on my RSX in a couple weeks and I'll blow your doors off." At this point I offer them to bet on the race, and you know the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted." I say you should do the same, its very lucrative.

Anyway, I have a 10lb NOS bottle and kit with all of the fittings, brackets, hoses, solenoids, WOT switch, and jets to set it up. What I still need to get is an RPM window switch and a purge kit, possibly with a MSD 6AL igniton system to retard timing a couple degrees while juicing. My idea is to run a 100 wet shot on the stock LT1 block and do it with all of the necessary/good idea safety precautions to keep from leaning out and destroying the motor. Is there anything I should inspect on the motor before hooking up the drugs?

As far as purge kits go, (nice pics, btw) which is a good brand to buy? Part numbers and prices would be most helpful, if possible. Same on window switches, if anyone is running them.

My idea was to have twin nozzles, one at the hood/windshield, and another in the passenger compartment just for fun. :D (of course, unless it was medical grade nitrous, I doubt that would be very entertaining. Good way to get unwanted guests out of the car, though.)

Thanks, guys.

· Registered
292 Posts
samsauma_2000 said:
on the contrary...hunterdon county in new jersey is like one of the richest counties in the nation...we got some diables running by...but around here it isnt about the cars, its all about the property...how much grass you own, how big ur lot is, etc. etc.

when you guys plurge does that mean ur losing nitrous or are u just closing off the bottle and letting the rest of it still in the hoses go out? sorry im not too knowledgeable to nitrous stuff
Hey, u from Hunterdon? my aunt is from their... i'm from South Jersey on Long Beach Island, another super rich place where alot of nice ass cars inhabit.. i'm a life guard on the beaches during the summer and i gotta save all the rich brats from drowning.. some dude slipped me a 100 for just saying his car was nice in front of a group of people... if i had their money i'd rather build a sick ass car.. screw stock man.. it's only fun if u say u built it urself. i'm all about pissin on rich dudes to make them wonder "w/t/f???"

61 - 80 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.