Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, I think I'm getting a nitrous kit for free for my car.....what would be a safe amount of nitrous to run in my Si??? The motor isnt in really top notch right now so, I was just wondering what you guys think would be a safe amount to run without blowing the rods into the oil pan???

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, but I do have an aftermarket warranty on the motor still and if it does pop, I could always take the system out and have my warranty company slap a new motor in.....the motor isnt ready to die or anything...it still runs strong, doesnt really burn that much oil...the only thing is it has a little knock in it.....im not gonna be using it daily, just something to get me a little more power b/c i really need it.....well, want it b/c you all know how that goes....

·
Registered
703 Posts
like stated above mayn, you throw that on w/ a block thats already knocking you might as well kiss that shit goodbye, and a warranty won't get ya shit when they pull apart the block and see that you've been spraying (which is easy to tell) get ya shit fixed then worry about it or else your just waiting :bomb

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you would think so but I talked to them, and I would have to pay for diagnosing the knock....which is a complete teardown of the engine just to see whats knocking.....then, after they find whats wrong, they will give me the money for the parts...so I figure if I just let it blow, then I'll only have my deductible to pay.....how SHITTY is that.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
ElectronBlueSi said:
you would think so but I talked to them, and I would have to pay for diagnosing the knock....which is a complete teardown of the engine just to see whats knocking.....then, after they find whats wrong, they will give me the money for the parts...so I figure if I just let it blow, then I'll only have my deductible to pay.....how SHITTY is that.....
well then i hope you didnt' pay for that warranty cause that shit sucks, you can find a spare block for like 350 maybe more, only car???

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
ElectronBlueSi said:
yes, but I do have an aftermarket warranty on the motor still and if it does pop, I could always take the system out and have my warranty company slap a new motor in.....the motor isnt ready to die or anything...it still runs strong, doesnt really burn that much oil...the only thing is it has a little knock in it.....im not gonna be using it daily, just something to get me a little more power b/c i really need it.....well, want it b/c you all know how that goes....

i highly doubt they will replace the engine when its the user who strapped the nitrous to it and blew it to pieces

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes, but the I work at the garage that will be replacing the motor, so I could probably get it to go throught the warranty...I wont be doin it but the guy who will, would just tell them that the oil pump failed or something....then they'll send someone up to asses the damage and verify that it is blown.....but just from a 20 minute visit here, I dont think they'll be able to tell that its nitrous...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.