Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now the WOT switch only activates at 100% throttle. so if you in 1st gear an hit WOT, then it sprays nitrous. But i heard your not surposed to sprey in 1st gear because its to short. so wouldnt a botton on the wheel be better so u only spray when u want? i know its safer with a WOT switch but I think its would be easier this way.

how many u guys pushing a button?

·
Registered
180 Posts
bonestock94 said:
ive sprayed in first before. as long as your above 3k rpm.

dont put any load on 5th is usually the rule of thumb.

button has a better feel...
but the WOT is fuckin mad , i watch guys with nsx with DP 200hp shot , and car drive a 11.8 on street tyers and you can figureout that they spray all the way! the shifting is smooth and all rest of 1/4 mile....

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
I use a button..i ditched the WOT right away...cause if you miss a shift..poof..you're done...plus..if for some reason you ever have to pedal the car...like I did the last time I was at the track..you can't regulate if the spray is on or off like you can with a button...

example..for those of you I jsut lost

I launced on the bottle with my slicks...I break traction...I get off the bottle and off the gas...back in the gas...the tires hook...back in the bottle...this was all in a matter of about 2 seconds that it spun and was hooked again.

I had been running 1.6 60 foots all weekend and never once spun the tires..this time I went out and did nothing different..spun the tires to the tune of a 2.0 60 foot...and still ran a 13.2..go figure..best run of the weekend on the worst 60 foot.

·
Registered
180 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
I use a button..i ditched the WOT right away...cause if you miss a shift..poof..you're done...plus..if for some reason you ever have to pedal the car...like I did the last time I was at the track..you can't regulate if the spray is on or off like you can with a button...

example..for those of you I jsut lost

I launced on the bottle with my slicks...I break traction...I get off the bottle and off the gas...back in the gas...the tires hook...back in the bottle...this was all in a matter of about 2 seconds that it spun and was hooked again.

I had been running 1.6 60 foots all weekend and never once spun the tires..this time I went out and did nothing different..spun the tires to the tune of a 2.0 60 foot...and still ran a 13.2..go figure..best run of the weekend on the worst 60 foot.
thats why rpm window switch exist
and all mastermind shits
i'm runing itr with stock bottom end,all motor and doing 13.9 1/4
my car is spin on12000rpm ( shifting on 10500 rpm)
so when i build my bottom end i will be sprayng 100shot DP, with wot and
cut the feedind on like 9000rpm,so nothing can go wrong

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
N I T R O said:
thats why rpm window switch exist
and all mastermind shits
i'm runing itr with stock bottom end,all motor and doing 13.9 1/4
my car is spin on12000rpm ( shifting on 10500 rpm)
so when i build my bottom end i will be sprayng 100shot DP, with wot and
cut the feedind on like 9000rpm,so nothing can go wrong
a window switch won't help you if you have to pedal the car like I stated. As soon as you get back in the throttle you would be in the bottle as well and you would strike the tires again.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Simplicity - Just don't step on it all the way until you NEED the nitrous. If your having problems hooking, you aren't going to be WOT anyway. The switch is WAY more reliable than a button. Besides, I have seen some people get carried away when spraying and using a button and shift - forget to let off of the button - and step on the gas pedal again and <--BOOM!--> no more intake manifold(nitrous backfire). By installing the WOT switch, you eliminate the biggest nitrous problem that can be in the equasion - HUMAN ERROR.
HENRY

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
festivagt said:
Simplicity - Just don't step on it all the way until you NEED the nitrous. If your having problems hooking, you aren't going to be WOT anyway. The switch is WAY more reliable than a button. Besides, I have seen some people get carried away when spraying and using a button and shift - forget to let off of the button - and step on the gas pedal again and <--BOOM!--> no more intake manifold(nitrous backfire). By installing the WOT switch, you eliminate the biggest nitrous problem that can be in the equasion - HUMAN ERROR.
HENRY
Problem is..when you are at the track and launch on a 2-step you are already at full throttle. When you get out of the hole you are on the bottle and standing on the pedal. If the car doesnt hook you jsut jump off and back on the gas/nitrous and the car hooks. In my case I got back into the throttle and then after I knew it hooked I was back into the nitrous. You salvage time and speed by pedaling it instead of just coming off of it slowly until it hooks then easing back in. That might work for shakedown runs but in eliminations you don't have the luxury of time to ease into it. I agree that it helps with human error..no doubt...but again...if you miss a shift you are back in the same boat..miss shift, wot, boom. But its a matter of personal preferance for me. I have used both and I prefer the button and I haven't had a problem with it. To each his own

·
Registered
180 Posts
festivagt said:
HENRY

exactly
and you can combine if you like
i rather be using window and WOT
together

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
If your punching the gass to the floor on the launch then you need to go drift or somthing. Lets say you got a 500 hp drag front wheel drive car and you hit the gas to the floor on the launch.......Your not gonna get tracktion in any way. Shouldnt have to pump the gas in a front wheel drive car your rear end isnt floping around the track. WOT is best way to go even most pro street class drivers use a WOT switch so no human error happens in a run. Not trying to flame or anything but telling a novice person to use a button is slightly retarded

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
not trying to be mean but if your having problems launching on spray you just need more seat time at the track.. there are different ways to launch a car its crazy every set up has a different way, awd,turbo,nitrous, slicks, no slicks, street tires, so much comes into play and you just need to get a lot of seat time when your trying a diff set up.stay with the wot and find a window switch. and when i missed a shift i didn't have it floored cuz you kinda notice in like .02 :p that its in a wrong gear.. if u get really good reaction times you should be able to react to a miss shift just as quick. dont be worried about explosions, just make sure your motor is set up to handle it (timing and fuel wise) dont go on a button you wont have a better time than on a wot

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
HatchMack said:
If your punching the gass to the floor on the launch then you need to go drift or somthing. Lets say you got a 500 hp drag front wheel drive car and you hit the gas to the floor on the launch.......Your not gonna get tracktion in any way. Shouldnt have to pump the gas in a front wheel drive car your rear end isnt floping around the track. WOT is best way to go even most pro street class drivers use a WOT switch so no human error happens in a run. Not trying to flame or anything but telling a novice person to use a button is slightly retarded
wait a sec..you're saying not to mash the gas in drag racing? if you're on slicks you have to otherwise the cars going to bog. street tires are a different story. if they car doesnt hook and you want to salvage the run you need to pedal the car. simple as that. if your a 500 hp car or a 100 hp car it doesnt make a difference. your goal is to get the car to hook. actually. msot of the pro class guys who run nitrous are on a button. walk the staging lanes and you will see that. because when you launch on a 2-step you are at wot and in the window for the rpm switch. and if he's a novice, he could miss a shift anyway, spray wot, and the motor is done anyway. I'd rather put the chances of spray at the wrong time under my thumb, then under my right foot when my right hand doesnt get the car into gear or if you lose a syncro in the trans.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
stick with the wot switch NO button cuz if u mess up and accidently spray it when you shift gear something WILL go wrong. above 3k and about 200 rpms before redline if fine, and if your 5th gear is a long one then i wouldnt do it then either, but if your gears are super short then go for it.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
honda harley said:
stick with the wot switch NO button cuz if u mess up and accidently spray it when you shift gear something WILL go wrong. above 3k and about 200 rpms before redline if fine, and if your 5th gear is a long one then i wouldnt do it then either, but if your gears are super short then go for it.
another flaw in your argument would be if he is running a turbo car...you dont let off the gas when you shift because you fall out of boost..so guys power shift to keep the bosot up. I see your point on having it on a button and forgetting to lift when you shift..But its still safer then a wot switch when it comes down to drag racing.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
VTECsqznN2O said:
another flaw in your argument would be if he is running a turbo car...you dont let off the gas when you shift because you fall out of boost..so guys power shift to keep the bosot up. I see your point on having it on a button and forgetting to lift when you shift..But its still safer then a wot switch when it comes down to drag racing.
what?????? your kidding me right??? so you think its alright to spray your car when your redlining your car?? boost is WAY diffent that nitrous when it comes to timing and pre ignition. you need maximum fuel when your spraying and if your half throttle and you spray you dont have enaugh fuel to suport the nitrous comeing in, that would do some damage to your car. i really hope u dont think a wot switch isn't safer than a button i hope your not that dumb.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
honda harley said:
what?????? your kidding me right??? so you think its alright to spray your car when your redlining your car?? boost is WAY diffent that nitrous when it comes to timing and pre ignition. you need maximum fuel when your spraying and if your half throttle and you spray you dont have enaugh fuel to suport the nitrous comeing in, that would do some damage to your car. i really hope u dont think a wot switch isn't safer than a button i hope your not that dumb.
you cant read can you? I never said spray while redlining. let me reword it for you..oh wait..I can't. It was simple... IF he was running a turbo car (meaning he has turbo and nitrous) he would stay in the throttle between shifts and he would want to be off the nitrous..if he was on a wot switch then he would still be spraying between shifts. I'm not talking about tuning differences. I know that the tuning and requirements are completely different. And I have pointed to the same problem in the wot switch in almost every post I have made...If he misses a shift..hes still going to be spray with a wot switch...if he tries to powershift through he will be spraying at wot..if he is on a 2-step he will be at wot at the line and therefore, be spraying. I'd still like you to point some ways around those. And yes. I am saying a button is safer then a wot switch. For the reasons I have pointed out. On a button, you cna launch on a 2-step and not be spraying..you can powershift and not be spraying...and you can miss a shift and not spray. Now, if he's dumb enough to to lift off of the button for any of those three scenarios then he gets what he deserves.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Why would all the nitrous companys be selling their kits with a WOT switch now other then button? NX even started doing it, I mean it has to be safer for a novice nitrous user. You ok if they are using a turbo set up but even then you are kinda wrong because you have to releive the motor of all that pressure at low RPMs even alot of boost at low rpms isnt good on a motor that why they make a BOV to releive pressure at low rpms. Some motors can take it but they were made for a recirculating air. Im just not catching on to the whole argument its pointless some people like WOT some like the button. Kinda like some people like hot dogs some people like hambergers nothing to argue about :hug

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.