Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX auto and wanted to know what shops were reliable for tuning in the Northern New Jersey and NYC area. I'd like to put in a H22 someday and tune the suspension and breaking.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ji Money said:
Hello everyone, I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX auto and wanted to know what shops were reliable for tuning in the Northern New Jersey and NCY area. I'd like to put in a H22 someday and tune the suspension and breaking.
ask rnstein69 on this board. He's from around there with a 95 I believe and just got his swap done really recently (a couple of weeks ago)

If anything, check the regional boards.

EDIT: I want to add he's a cool guy too ;p I bought my headlights from him, very reliable :clap :clap

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jhwee said:
ask rnstein69 on this board. He's from around there with a 95 I believe and just got his swap done really recently (a couple of weeks ago)

Yeah I noticed his car too. It looks real nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i dont konw exactly know whjere in jersey youre out of, but evans tuning isnt too far out of nj. theyre in pa. but they are THE BEST around. people come from all over the country (literally) to have jeff tune their cars. theyve built some of the fastest cars on the east coast. it might be a bit of a drive, but id defenately check them out. www.evans-tuning.com

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
jhwee said:

EDIT: I want to add he's a cool guy too ;p I bought my headlights from him, very reliable :clap :clap
thanks for the compliment jhwee!! hhaha..

yeah, there are a couple of good places in our area; just make sure that the shop has a reputation and a proper following. do some research before you dive into anything, and always plan on spending more than what you anticipate when it comes to a swap. there are always little bits and pieces that you will never think of, and the costs add up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnlude85 said:
i dont konw exactly know whjere in jersey youre out of, but evans tuning isnt too far out of nj. theyre in pa. but they are THE BEST around. people come from all over the country (literally) to have jeff tune their cars. theyve built some of the fastest cars on the east coast. it might be a bit of a drive, but id defenately check them out. www.evans-tuning.com
PA isn't too far but I guess it would depend where in PA they are located. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rnstein69 said:
thanks for the compliment jhwee!! hhaha..

yeah, there are a couple of good places in our area; just make sure that the shop has a reputation and a proper following. do some research before you dive into anything, and always plan on spending more than what you anticipate when it comes to a swap. there are always little bits and pieces that you will never think of, and the costs add up.
Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll be saving like 5 g's I guess.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just did an H22 swap last week. Do you want to swap to a manual as well? Let me know. I'm the cheapest in the area. No job too big for us. Run by and I'll show you. I'm located in Bloomfield, NJ

CJ Automotive Inc.
720 East Passaic Ave
Bloomfield, NJ 07003

We're ASE certified mechanics and we're known by the locals. We do tuning as well.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX auto and wanted to know what shops were reliable for tuning in the Northern New Jersey and NYC area. I'd like to put in a H22 someday and tune the suspension and breaking.
I know this is a old thread, but I know few reputable New Jersey auto repair
shop that will provide you quality repair.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts