Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all charge pipes are hooked up turbo is mounted but has small exhaust leakx2 one preturbo and the other one cause there is no downpipe....will not build boost took it for a spin last night and does not build boost? wtf?0psi can hear turbo spooling but no boost what going on?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
exospeedracing said:
this the first time you put this turbo setup together?

no downpipe? So its just straight out of the turbo and thats it?
Guess he's hardcore like that. :hehe

....anyway I have you checked your intake system....in other words...everything after the turbo compressor outlet? Check your couplers and anything around there for leaks. Also fix that exhaust leak

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know to check the intake pipes,anyway my other turbo blew an oil seal 16g so got this one and got everything on wanted to make sure my oillines were not leaking so did quick test drive with just turbo and no dp and would not boost? wtf? not my first turbo setup my 3rd first time having this problem other turbos were dsm

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
so you've hooked up a boost leak tester and it turned out oK???

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
its a device (home made) that you clamp onto the compressor housing and pump air into it (with an air pump or air compressor). make sure you have someone keeping an eye on the boost gauge so you dont put too much.
rule of thumb....put couple more psi than what you plan on running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.