Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to change my oil the on Sat. and just my luck my clutch slave cylider had leaked out all my fluid and I had no presure to my clutch. Well upon further inspection I decided to change the master as well. I changed both the master and slave cyliders and I have bled the line for over an hour. My question now is why do I still not have any presure in my clutch pedal? On the '97 SH Prelude is there any type of resivior for the fluid? Other than the one you use to fill. Also is there any one that would take a picture of the spring that assists the clutch pedal? I disconnected it by mistake and I am not sure if it is back on properly? Any tips, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
H22JAY said:
I went out to change my oil the on Sat. and just my luck my clutch slave cylider had leaked out all my fluid and I had no presure to my clutch. Well upon further inspection I decided to change the master as well. I changed both the master and slave cyliders and I have bled the line for over an hour. My question now is why do I still not have any presure in my clutch pedal? On the '97 SH Prelude is there any type of resivior for the fluid? Other than the one you use to fill. Also is there any one that would take a picture of the spring that assists the clutch pedal? I disconnected it by mistake and I am not sure if it is back on properly? Any tips, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated.
kind of a dumb question, but are the bleeders tight???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am only bleeding the slave but it is tight.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
how are you going about bleeding it? suspending a hose to a fluid container never worked for me...

try this with a friend: open bleeder, push clutch in, close bleeder, pull clutch up...repeat this until the pedal feels normal with the bleeder closed and dont let the reservoir get empty at all or youll have to start over. should take about 20 minutes

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Do what he said :number1 but try moving the pedal all the way up then down a few times then put it to the floor, have a friend open the valve, then close the valve then repeat , if that doesn't work then you could try and let gravity do it, just leave the bleeder open for a while with the reservoir full. Are you getting anything out of the bleeder, air? fluid?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Weenie said:
how are you going about bleeding it? suspending a hose to a fluid container never worked for me...

try this with a friend: open bleeder, push clutch in, close bleeder, pull clutch up...repeat this until the pedal feels normal with the bleeder closed and dont let the reservoir get empty at all or youll have to start over. should take about 20 minutes

what he said :number1 , except instead of pushing the clutch in once, pump it like 5-10 times, then close bleeder.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried all three of those. I tried one pump at a time with the bleeder open then close it on the out stroke. I tried a few pumps then open the bleeder. Did anyone get to look at the spring to the clutch pedal? When I push the pedal about half way the spring pulls it the rest of the way to the floor? I don't see any other way to put the spring but just want to be sure. Well thanks for your help any other thougts would be great. I don't know how a 3 hour project has left me carless for 3 days.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
you probably have the spring right, the pedal will do that when you don't have the system bleed right. I takes some time just remember pump, then hold to floor, open bleeder, close bleeder, pull clutch pedal back up, then pump, just keep doing this you will get it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I got it to bleed finally. That is what was throwing me off, I was getting plenty of fluid and air. I would get an entire resivior full of fluid with no air then wham big air pocket then nothing for a while. Well thanks agiain.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
ATISTANG said:
you probably have the spring right, the pedal will do that when you don't have the system bleed right. I takes some time just remember pump, then hold to floor, open bleeder, close bleeder, pull clutch pedal back up, then pump, just keep doing this you will get it.

:nod :nod :nod :stupid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts