Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT — Customers hoping for a price break on the redesigned 2007 Cadillac Escalade editions may be disappointed to learn that General Motors will hold the line on prices as the vehicle debuts over the next several months.

GM said the long-wheelbase '07 Escalade ESV will go on sale in May, with its suggested retail price unchanged from 2006 at $59,680, including destination, for the AWD model. The standard Escalade AWD went on sale last month and is priced at $57,280. The two-wheel-drive version of the standard Escalade won't reach dealers until August; its sticker price will remain at $54,725.

The '07 Escalade EXT pickup, a premium companion to the Chevrolet Avalanche, will arrive at dealerships in May, with its MSRP unchanged at $54,210 for the AWD variant.

GM said the '07 Escalades represent a good value, and not just because they have been extensively redesigned. The new models also get additional standard equipment this year, including a power liftgate, side curtain airbags for all three rows, remote start, more horsepower and better fuel economy. The AWD Escalades get a new 6.2-liter V8 rated at 403 horsepower.

yeah it is just all the stupid hype for those big ugly things.

·
Registered
593 Posts
like i've said before. the 2007 GM SUV's have HUGELY improved. They may easily be worth that. The interiors are lexus-like, and the fit and finish is significantly improved. The body panel gaps are down into the millimeters finally. :lol2 I hope they can start making some money off of vehicles.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
accordjtstyle said:
like i've said before. the 2007 GM SUV's have HUGELY improved. They may easily be worth that. The interiors are lexus-like, and the fit and finish is significantly improved. The body panel gaps are down into the millimeters finally. :lol2 I hope they can start making some money off of vehicles.
well not many ppl gonna get those big SUV remember gas price not goin down it keep going up so onli few celeb and stars or rick folks gonna get this thing.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Smart not to offer discounts. Usually they have excluded the Vette from discounts, and Dodge has always excluded the Viper. Discounting them "cheapens" the image, and those who buy them dont really need to save the $2000 or whatever it is. Smart move to pull every drop of profit out of them.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
hobie237 said:
Smart not to offer discounts. Usually they have excluded the Vette from discounts, and Dodge has always excluded the Viper. Discounting them "cheapens" the image, and those who buy them dont really need to save the $2000 or whatever it is. Smart move to pull every drop of profit out of them.
i never really thought of it this way, good insight

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
No soup for you!

Cadillac is trying to move up the ranks. If they ever want to build the Sixteen concept Maybach-ish halo car, building price credibility is a good place to start. But yeah, their product is constantly improving, and I am impressed with the new Escalade.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
i'm def impressed by cadi's improvements recently...their cars look great, have great power, suv's too, and reliablity seems to really kicked up a notch...two thumbs up!

i don't know if i would pay 60K for it tho...then again i don't have 60K to burn

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
ck98vteC said:
Cadillac is trying to move up the ranks. If they ever want to build the Sixteen concept Maybach-ish halo car, building price credibility is a good place to start. But yeah, their product is constantly improving, and I am impressed with the new Escalade.
HAHA! Whatever happened to: "She's built like a Cadillac",
or "it's the Cadillac of..."? Word of phase, I suppose: "Made
in Japan" used to be laughable, to most US citizens, auto-
makers. I'm still very unimpressed with the Escalade,
but I pretty much hate SUV's in general anyway. That
new supercharged "what'ha'ma'call'it" luxury seden that
goes from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds sounds nice :evil!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts