Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup everybody... today I lost the left AND right inner fender wall liners ( those black plastic guards that protect the inner part of the wheel bay ). I ran over a stupid tire on the road and it somehow ripped them out leaving me with nothing but a flat tire, 2 screws, and a shattered clear corner lense. I was wondering if its safe to be driving around with no inner fender wall linings? So far I just tied the wires in twistie ties and place them away from the tires. Anything else I can do to be safe until I go get replacements for them? Thanks...

·
Registered
171 Posts
no biggie...I lost mines about two years ago just more dirt gets into that area, but other than that no harm done...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really just gets dirty? Which side did you lose? Both of mines are gone. Im just scared of getting a short from running over puddles or having a rock hit something important the fender wall could have guarded. Ah hella paranoid now. :eek:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I lost the right side the side with the intake....No really big probs ever happened though, the wires are pretty much covered wit the wire covers and so on so you wouldn't really get a short...I heard it's about 60 bucks for each side and 25 cent for each plastic screw....But yea I've been driving a full two years with no problems and it doesn't rain that much in L.A..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I lost mine last week, left right and center. I don't think there's anything to worry about unless you have a cold air intake and you filter is down there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
heh, that happened to my friend's POS dodge stratus. but that stupid car has the battery behind the fender. so it is not as safe.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
hahah cold air!! take advantage

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah i lost both of mine too, the first one took me 3 weeks to figure out that i lost the first one. then the second one came off when I was doing around 100 on the highway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Scratch my last comment. Just found out I the padding and carpet on the driver's side is soaked.:( Don't know if it was caused by this or not.

·
Registered
513 Posts
yeah make sure your gromets are back in place since mine ripped off and when it rains it would make my pass. side floor all wet....soooo now i pushed it back in it stays dry......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts