Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres an update on my car

2 weeks ago (pic from a few months ago but it looked the same 2 weeks ago)

1 week ago after some good ole fashioned hit and run. (i was not the runner in this instance)

and now, today... or rather, this evening

paint is next weekend. hopefully passwordjdm pulls through with my bumper by the end of this coming week so i wont have to leave that POS on there (especially since i fucked it all up with the sand paper on purpose lmao)

it will still be BG23M b/c its sexy.

just curious what people have to say about the following products (it wont change b/c ive already bought them, but i just want to see if anyone has any experience with the following). the base coat is the same color and we're using DuPont Chromabase (i think thats it) and DuPont Nason clear (we were going to use Chromaclear but that shit would have put me about $150 over what i had in my pocket :eek: ) the guy thats painting my car has used both before so he knows how they lay on the car, i just posted it to see what the paint/body people think about them.

cant wait till next week :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
noopie said:
mm how u paint car me want paint too
1. get a job with someone who used to work in a bodyshop doing bodywork and painting.

2. spend 8 months making friends with them

3. properly park at work in a parking spot and let someone hit and run your car

4. ask your new friend for help

5. help your friend help you :number1

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
crdcz03 said:
1. get a job with someone who used to work in a bodyshop doing bodywork and painting.

2. spend 8 months making friends with them

3. properly park at work in a parking spot and let someone hit and run your car

4. ask your new friend for help

5. help your friend help you :number1
mm i have new plan.

1. be friends with someone who got a job with someone who used to work in a bodyshop doing bodywork and painting

i loves u :hug

·
Registered
296 Posts
damn kid...doing big things...bout time u repaint that car...is it going to be paint at honda ?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Si_g said:
damn kid...doing big things...bout time u repaint that car...is it going to be paint at honda ?

honda doesnt have a paint booth. it will be done in the same garage that the sanding got done in :ninja

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
noopie said:
mm i have new plan.

1. be friends with someone who got a job with someone who used to work in a bodyshop doing bodywork and painting

i loves u :hug
that plan has a flaw

·
Registered
296 Posts
crdcz03 said:
honda doesnt have a paint booth. it will be done in the same garage that the sanding got done in :ninja
damn kid...u r going paint your car in your garage...i hope it comes out nice...why dont u go to maaco and rent their booth for a few $$...some crazy stuff went down in the garage hehe.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Si_g said:
damn kid...u r going paint your car in your garage...i hope it comes out nice...why dont u go to maaco and rent their booth for a few $$...some crazy stuff went down in the garage hehe.
not my garage :byye

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
fuck paint yo, it just weighs you down!!

just drive around with sanded primer :number1

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
fuck paint yo, it just weighs you down!!

just drive around with sanded primer :number1

exactly,,,thats how ima be for a while..till i feel like painting my car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hpoe its comes out perfect !
I'll be having mine painted soon, maybe your buddy for a good price.
Post up pics soon.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rick V said:
have fun with it for a week or two freshly painted. knowing friggin orlando someone will fuck it up in no time at all.
i hardly ever take my car anywhere, so i give it 4 weeks :p glad to see you're back man. hope everything went well with whatever you were doing :tu

1 - 20 of 68 Posts