Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just gotten off the phone with my local honda dealership. I was lookin for an S2k and we got to talkin about how wonderfull this car was....before I hang up he had said that the last year of production for the S2k is going to be '04. My question is, will there be an S2k replacement or will there just be no more after that?......oh and he's giving me a brand new '02 for only 35500. pretty good deal IMO as other dealerships are sellin them for above 42k.

· Registered
13 Posts
i mentioned in a past post that they will have an i-vtec s2000 coming in 04 it seems. it will take probably a year to perfect, but it should be noticeably faster. Regarding the M.S.R.P. the canadian market dealers usually get full pop for the cars because allocation is small, and demand is high. I managed to get $1000 above cost which is colossal. that relates to about US$28000.

· Registered
9 Posts
I don't know

I spend plenty of time on ****.com and it seems that no one really knows the true fate of the S2000.

I have read that Honda actually wants to not
put the i-VTEC in it.

· Registered
13 Posts
****.com has a good forum, and people have all speculated. This is from the horses mouth....An I-vtec is in the works!!!!! they refuse to confirm it because guess what will hapen to 03 sales? They cannot release it until it is a for sure. The other word is that the S has a 5 year production life. It may be longer but keep in mind, All sports cars have a short life...especially those with a huge AWE effect and huge demand. This allows the owners to keep the rarity of the breed, aswell as keep the heads turning when they drive by. The point is if they will only be building it for another year or so... they have to justify the R&D costs, aswell as the payoff. All first year major changes usually take another year to refine.

· Registered
566 Posts
TORONTO PIMP said:
lol people that dont do research on cars kill me
lol he thought ppl buy s2k's for 42G's and that he was getting a big fat 7G's off the price
oh God
Umm...I think he meant the cars having 42,000 miles and above on them, and dealers selling them for $35K.

· Registered
9,883 Posts

· Registered
1,200 Posts
oh and he's giving me a brand new '02 for only 35500. pretty good deal IMO as other dealerships are sellin them for above 42k.
sorry but it sounds like he is saying OTHER DEALERSHIPS sell it for $42,000 which would be $7,000 more then what he is paying which would make it seem as though he were getting a deal
who the fuck would buy a s2000 with 42,000 miles on it for 35k?!?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.