Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got what i deserved......I no longer own a crx. My parents are makin me sell my rex cuz i got a year of probation,10 day suspended lisence,driver retraining and community service. The funny thing is i have nevr got a speeding ticket or similar offence?Im a stupid mother fucker. Im located in ct if your interested in buying it......

91 si with b16a...too many mods to list,comes with a turbo and intercooler(not installed) [email protected]

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
would you be willing to sell the turbo by itself? does it come attached to the manifold, or is it the turbo itself? what is it, t3/t04?

what did you get probation for?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
well if you are caught racing in cali its a lot worse...i should know. think of yourself as being lucky.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
yeah... especially after the new laws (you can now go to jail just for spinning your tires)
Sorry about the luck crx4life2002, maybe in a few years you'll be back in a rex or some other cool car.
(did ya win?)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i didnt go to jail for racing....:D

the cop was cool with me since i gave him no bs and since i seemed like a goody good doing a wrong thing at the wrong place to do it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The laws are very confusing since sometimes, the law is just a city ordinance. My friend was test driving a friend's camaro with a new clutch, and he just barely squeaked it out of a parking lot and got a ticket for "excessive excel.[sic]." By the way, if you didn't notice, the cop spelled (or abbreviated) acceleration wrong. That just seems bad. And if you were wondering, "[sic]" just means, "not my fault," because I know how to spell acceleration! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Brah i feel your pain. My liscense jus got suspended until i'm 18, probation til i'm 19, 100 hours of community service, and i gotta do sum anit street racing project. Man life's a bitch!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Burning out...

My friend was at a stop light once (in an 89 Ford Probe) and I was riding passanger with him. He was reving his engine because some friends of us where behind us and they honked at us to say hi. Well my driving friend being stupid honked his horn a couple of times and reved some more and when the light turned green he peeled out all through first gear and into second a lil (bald tires). Anyways there just happened to be a cop sitting at the intersection that we somehow missed (dont ask me why..) but anyway it pulled us over in a flash... I live in Washington now, so I know its a ticket to squeel tires after this one.. anyway it was a woman officer that started yelling at him.. she was pissed.. anyways.. she took info and came back with a ticket.. blah blah blah.. I could fine u 500 bucks and impound your car.. but she only gave a 86 dollar ticket.. and my friend had been pulled over 6 times in the 3 weeks before that (only getting 2 tickets I dunno how he does it).. but that was it.. only 86 dollars.. seems kinda weird.. but its good for him...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
does anybody have any info as to when this whole "spinning tires=wreckless driving" shit came into effect, i think you guys are misinformed

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well atleast i won!!!....i actually was racing my buddy with a crx that we built together.Its a d16 non vtec with a jg head with nos(55) shot. I pissed on him with my b16. The fuckin cop who we thaught was straight put everything we asked him into his police report....go figure....."Oh I didnt know you can put nos in these kinds of cars" ...asshole

·
Registered
114 Posts
in portland,or. it is not only recless driving for spinning your tires, but the can charge you with excessive speed for accelarating from a light to fast. this of course is up to mthe cop to decide if it is to fast or not, no spinning of tires required.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
In California when you spin your tires they don't get you for wreckless driving, the term is "Exebition of Speed". I know this for a fact because a few nights ago I was exibiting my speed.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
yeah, not wreckless driving anymore.. but they can now impound your car for exhebition of speed... it's $800 to get your car out of the Sherriff's impound, $600 for HP. PLus you get your licnense suspended. I know because I've come damn close to all three on numerous occassions. Plus it helps to know all the local law inforcement and have memorized the California Vehicle Code :)

oh.. byt the way CRX4LIFE... glad you won! :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
what is the CVC number and section?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
CRX4life, sorry to hear that. Are you getting another car? or are you carless for awhile?

I got pulled over twice in Philly. Once for racing my old 86 Si against a friend on a side street (It was like 3 or 4 of us there) and the cop told us he could take our cars and all that good shit. He let us go though and told us he didnt wanna see us in that area anymore. Lucky me. Second time, i cut off a cop at the races coming off a side street. I dont know why I did it, I saw him but at the last minute I just pulled out in front of him. The kid in my car had an aunt who was a philly cop so needless to say the guy was actually pretty cool and let me go:) . I got pulled over a few times in my old rex for all kinds of things. All the cops were cool though (plus my FOP card helped out in those situations...:D ). One cop commented on it and said he had one before and he missed it......Some cops are dicks, some are cool.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i have to find a car i can drive in the winter.......Im still gonna buy a car thats fast but im not gonna make it so obvious.Stock paint,rims,exhuast etc. I was lookin at a tsi talon. My parents feel it would be a good choice...4x4 wink wink ill leave the turbo part out of . What would you buy?Im all about the speed but im gonna leave it all at the track this time. They should mandate track therapy for people like me. Kinda like a drug clinic

·
Registered
176 Posts
crx4life2002 said:
well i have to find a car i can drive in the winter.......Im still gonna buy a car thats fast but im not gonna make it so obvious.Stock paint,rims,exhuast etc. I was lookin at a tsi talon. My parents feel it would be a good choice...4x4 wink wink ill leave the turbo part out of . What would you buy?Im all about the speed but im gonna leave it all at the track this time. They should mandate track therapy for people like me. Kinda like a drug clinic
How about buy I civic dx hatchback ..
or corolla 85-87 sprot GTS. .maybe your parent won't know ..that they can run so fast .....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts