Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u driftking

its auto. i know puss auto ive replaced dist.,brain,oil no.1 piston sensor is still reading on the ecu i was told it was good though :bh

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
To my knowledge, no Honda ever had OD option on their automatics. Honda's always just have D1-D3 or D4 and you just use the highest gear. Its not like there is a button that you have to press or a seperate gear you have to select when driving.

The reason being is because people, even when driving an auto do not know how to use the OD feature. Late model cars no longer have this feature because its just not worth having.

·
Registered
173 Posts
what OD is..

Overdrive is basically just a fancy name for a car having a top gear with a ratio of 1:1 or greater. It's not necessarily(sp?) a separate function, just another gear. I own a CRV that actually has an o/d button on it, but its deault setting is on when the car is started, so if you dont know what it is, you can just not touch it and it works like it should.
also, D4 or the highest drive no. should be the overdrive setting, even if it doesnt say o/d, because most trannies have an o/d setting.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Check your sensors on the tranny... I would try that first before rebuild...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts