Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tach in my '00 ZX3 is all white. The numbers and hash marks. Does that mean i haz no redline??

·
Registered
137 Posts
2.0 or 2.3 ztech? i belive the 2.0 was set at 6500, the 2.3 was at 7200 or some crap like that, if you cant figure it out that way rev it til it hits the limiter.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I wasn't that serious, it's actually just before 7k. They didn't make a 2.3 ZTEC and the 2.3 duratecs werent until 2004, which also has a redline just under 7k. Btw ZTEC is nothing like VTEC just so you know

·
Registered
137 Posts
Haha I wasn't that serious, it's actually just before 7k. They didn't make a 2.3 ZTEC and the 2.3 duratecs werent until 2004, which also has a redline just under 7k. Btw ZTEC is nothing like VTEC just so you know
yes i know. its dosent even aproach being a bad knock off of vtec. those damn things are soo hard to work on when people stuff superchargers in them.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldnt know ive never seen a supercharged ZX3 but i wouldnt want to supercharge any 4 cylinder, not for off track us anyway. I want buy a SVT head with VCT and boost my wagon :). Im in the process of converting to stick now. SVTs put down around an average 140WHP and 140 WTQ

I found a 2.3 Duratec in the junkyard and i wanted to swap it but its way more involved, not like B series swap or even a K. Id have to change the ENTIRE wiring harness, fab up new mounts, and even swap gas tanks so I can use the duratec fuel pump.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah its a competly different platform pretty much, and the power gains are not worth it. its a focus, no matter whast you do its going to be slow. well, short of a $25000 full build anyway. the fastest one i have seen was the supercharged one and it only ran an 11. and i know the build total on that one was just under 26k.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its a competly different platform pretty much, and the power gains are not worth it. its a focus, no matter whast you do its going to be slow. well, short of a $25000 full build anyway. the fastest one i have seen was the supercharged one and it only ran an 11. and i know the build total on that one was just under 26k.
You do realize that arguemnt is completely biased. How is that any different from a Honda?

There are stock turbo'd ZX3s thatve gone 13s. Tuning is a bit different though since its 0bd2 but im hoping to tune with MS running on COPs. The cost people spend on GSR swap, I could spend on a performance head. Cost for Cost i dont belive its too far away form built GSRs, B16s, or even D series. But thats just me

I woud love to get ahold of the 2.0T in the RS :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
yes i realize its biased, but for good reason, its cheaper to make reliable built hondas/nissans, yes only slightly cheaper, but still cheaper. the parts are just so much more expensive for fords. just not as much aftermarket support for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts