Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up nobody replies...has no one done an engine swap?....Hello,
I just did my B16A2 DOHC Vtec engine swap on my civic and th 160 hp with my Iceman, Ractive catback and DC headers kick ass. It is really fast now. I paid $2,800 for everything including tranny, ECU, A/C compressor and bigger radiator and new Performance CLuth...quite a deal ah? Yet I have a couple of questions:

-There is a check engine light on the dash lit that doesn't go off.Is there a way to fix this? Is is a sensor problem?
-The car makes a whistle at the wheels on 1st and 2nd gear but then it goes normal while accelerating.
-While stopped, the rpm moves from 1,000 to 2,000 without accelerating it, that is at stop, from 1,000to 2,000 back and forth and the car accelerates by itself while stoped.
-The clutch is weird on 1st gear, it takes the car off but shaking the chasis competely on 1st...is this because the clutch is new? and how long should I wait until I can race this clutch badly...? can'twait.

All replies and suggestions will be appreciated. Keep racing....

· Registered
1,104 Posts
whoa, sounds wierd but it might be some bad problems.... I never heard of swaps doing that, nor new clutch kits..... :(

· Registered
1,336 Posts
hey we have the same swap :)

as for your question , i have one theory :) your engine is possess :) accel by it self ? its gotta be that :)

ps: the whistle is your cai :)

· Registered
960 Posts
I think he just means it revving while stopped. As if hes pressing the gas on and off.

I dunno why it would do that...

· Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engine

I think he just means it revving while stopped. As if hes pressing the gas on and off.

Right...that's exactly what it is doing from 1,000rpm to 2,000 rpm back and forth. Also does anybody knows if the intake manifold gives great hp gains? and where I could find one and also cool blue gauges?

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Who did the install, and where did you get the engine from? You may want to go back to where ever did the install because it sounds like you have a few problems you need to work out.

· Registered
278 Posts
and check the ecu wiring if every wire isnt sauldered you will get a check engine light, I also had an idle problem. I had that problem for awhile w/ mine.
MAP(red/green wires werent sauldered just wire beaned)that fixed it

· Registered
949 Posts
Bosstone700 said:

-There is a check engine light on the dash lit that doesn't go off.Is there a way to fix this? Is is a sensor problem?
-The car makes a whistle at the wheels on 1st and 2nd gear but then it goes normal while accelerating.
-While stopped, the rpm moves from 1,000 to 2,000 without accelerating it, that is at stop, from 1,000to 2,000 back and forth and the car accelerates by itself while stoped.
-The clutch is weird on 1st gear, it takes the car off but shaking the chasis competely on 1st...is this because the clutch is new? and how long should I wait until I can race this clutch badly...? can'twait.

All replies and suggestions will be appreciated. Keep racing....
good lord.. lets take this down one by one.. this is wut i think
-check the ecu code by jumping the service plug located under the passenger side dash... and then fix the problem...you can find the ecu codes here:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/05.html
-whistle? i dont get...
-check the idle air control valve...
-and yah its probably chattering cuz its a new clutch.. just give it time to break in.. patience is virtue.. hehehe:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.