Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i turn a tight corner or a roundabout my cars rear suspension make a niose as if the springs need oiling. i have 18" on my 6th gen civic just wondered if it could be some thing else?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
are you sure the noise isnt coming from the fronts? anyways regardless of being in the front or the rear..the creaking noise is from the spring moving around..so what you do is put your car up on jacks..take off the rims/tires..then try to move the spring around reseating it to make the fit nice and snug..cuz when its not nice and snug..the spring will tend to move around making the noise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i get a noise from my front left when i turn right... Its more like the tire rubbing against the mud guard plastic. but its only when the turn is kind of fast and sharp. what do i need to do to fix it? also my car seems to be lower than normal and i have stock suspension.

·
Registered
367 Posts
saqib said:
i get a noise from my front left when i turn right... Its more like the tire rubbing against the mud guard plastic. but its only when the turn is kind of fast and sharp. what do i need to do to fix it? also my car seems to be lower than normal and i have stock suspension.
what size rims do you have and your springs or strut my be shot

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
saqib said:
your not rubbing your fenders right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
its probably the springs because my rims and suspension are all stock.. and i am going to change my 185/65 to 205/65 soon.

i think i should check the springs before that because im sure the rubbing will be worse with those bigger tires

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
like i've said before earlier..take off the rim, and try to reseat the lowering spring...if all fails, try to put spring noise isolators (they prevent the springs from making creaking noises)...they can usually be found on your OEM springs..all it is is small thin pieces of rubber that fit around the ends of the springs so when the springs do move around..the rubber rubs against the shock casing so you it limits the creaking noises

·
Registered
36 Posts
the noise isnt coming from my springs. its coming from the tire rubbing against the mud guard (front plastic piece towards front part of car).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts