Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm planning on buying a new S2000. The only thing I'm worried about is road noise because I'll be driving on highways almost daily.
So I wanted to know from those of you who tried the hardtop, does it reduce the road noise?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well Model years 2000 to 2002 (I Think they fixed for year 2003 ) have some wind noise problem, due to faulty soft top strikers, its an easy fix, just replace them with hardtop strikers (I made a thread on this so, search ) Of course that with a hardtop your windnoise would be greatly reduced.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
the hardtop, obviously, reduces virtually all the wind noise created from the softop. with one of those, you're really probably only gonna hear the engine.

like Emilio said though, the hard top strikers are your best bet if you want to keep the soft top, as that fucker is loud.

I remember when I first got in my AP1, I couldn't believe how loud it was, and it was really, really annoying. but, I got used to it... and with the exhaust and stereo stuff, I can't hear it anymore anyway.

but yeah, that link to the striker thread should be in the FAQ

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
pearlwhite_HF said:
It is a lot quiter with the hard top, the only prob with the hard top is that it creeks a ll bit in tight turns and over rough bumps

Maybe with a little tweaking you can solve that problem, if its too anoying for you i can give you $500 for your hardtop ... :giggle :giggle :giggle

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
eloy_lb said:
Thanks for your answers. I think it's worth investing in a Hardtop
Yes it is, incredible resale value

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Clone said:
yeah... I'd buy a hardtop if it wasn't so friggin expensive to begin with....
Fuck hardtops, Fuck paying so much money for a piece of metal and glass

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Clone said:
yeah... but you know they're sexy....

and aerodynamically, it makes too much sense.

You know how much i can do with 3-4K ? hehe :bomb

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
IMO, hard top or not, the S2000 is just miserable loud on the inside. Honda wanted it that way ("driver & car as one" kind of thing). If you get a hardtop and dynamat the firewall and floor sheet metal it's almost like a normal car with a loud exhaust, so I'd do that. Much more tolerable on the highway and daily driving.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Mugen Hardtop FTW

Can be had for $2,800 at s 2 k i .com, theres several GB's going on. Fiberglass, looks so good...

Also, for the hardcore ballers, theres the Spoon Mooncraft!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Clone said:
I love those spoon fenders... wish I could get 'em for mine, without buying the whole kit.

Consider the J's Racing fenders? They're similar in style, but still expensive as shit :cry

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
samsauma_2000 said:
Consider the J's Racing fenders? They're similar in style, but still expensive as shit :cry
I wish I could afford them, but I am broke like a joke, spent all the money I had saved up for my car on the new wheels and now I got to save up for a new OEM lip and some other stuff :ninja

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah I thought about those J's fenders too... they're so freakn sexy...

but getting just the fenders would look weird as shit, since they're widebody fenders... so to do it right would consist of a whole lot of other body mods, then wheels to fit... and frankly I just dont have the money for all that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.