Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dunno if anyone would know this...
whenever im sittin still and move my steering wheel one way and then the other there is a popping noise... i dunno if i need to get it greased again or if it might be something else... give me your ideas and thoughts...

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Does it happen all the time, or only when the car is cold? The popping noise could be cavitation caused by air bubbles in the fluid.

Here are some things you can do:
- Check the fluid level.
- Check for a crushed hose or loose hose clamp that could be letting air into the system.
- Check the pump seal.

There could also be a problem with your ball joints or steering knuckles. These components are under extreme stress when you turn your wheels while sitting still.

Your best bet it to go to a dealership and have them check it out.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it happens all the time, warm or cold... my ball joints are fine... well they were the last time the car was inspected... which is yearly in PA... so i dont think it could be that... but ill check out what you said... but i dunno cuz its kind of a metal on metal popping...?? but thanks for your help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.