Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time coming. This is just one of many ideas for a new contest, there are new themes ahead and plenty of freedom for you, the artists, to express your ideas on e-canvas :)

first contest:

Topic:
- Surreal (surrealism)

Definitions for clarification:

- dreamlike: resembling a dream
- expressing the activities of the subconscious mind through fantastic imagery
- results in images that cannot be rationally explained.

Rules
- size = 1024 x 768( best to make a big one and just resize incase you have hi-res settings)
- Entry must contain manipulated images, custom designs or anything that isnt stock. basically you have to actually chop something heh
- All entries PM'ed to me
- you may sign your work

--additional notes---
Signing your work is fine as stated, but keep it subtle, cuz you guys make awesome designs and images, so alot of members will probably use these entries as their own wallpapers. One of the reasons i wanted this contest, cuz its fun, gets away from auto chops, and gives to the members also gets recognition cuz wallpapers are seen daily.

--forum news--
expect 2 other types of chop contests or challenges, hint(scenery change, manipulation, advertisement, etc)

:)

any/all comments plz feel free to post here:)

get tah choppin.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no maybes....you will.

my design isnt gonna be too complicated, im taking an idea i had back in art class and gonna make it all "artsy fartsy" lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey when's the due date on this thing ahh? I don't want to turn mine in until last minute so no1 steals my stufff. I have some stuff from like 2 years ago, i haven't touched PS since :( and also does this have to be 1024 x 768 or can it be smaller?

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has to be 1024 x 768, wallpaper size.

due date wont be for a while i'll set it tomorrow
i say like 2-3 weeks prolly.

the entire image has to be 1024x768, but the design doesnt have to be..u can have blank space if it fits or looks ok, play with it.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya ya ya...its coming

you bastards better participate....im trying to liven it up, more and new types of challenges.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Feb. sunday 28, 2005.

PM entries by then. midnite of course, EST. i guess is good.

wallpapers arent that hard, they can be simple, they can be crazy, they can be interesting/unique/funny/ anything, just aslong as the subject relates to the theme. not hard

something real but not in real life i guess is a good way to say this.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
next question....am i allowed ot make compositions like ive made in the past, where i use a person, midify them, and generate a background, or is this all to be done form scratch, i didnt quite understand from the rules

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
u can use ur own images and compositions, i just dont want someone to post a pic , unchopped or modified and using that.

u can use anything u made/took just has to be modified, no stock photos.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
5genlude said:
u can use ur own images and compositions, i just dont want someone to post a pic , unchopped or modified and using that.

u can use anything u made/took just has to be modified, no stock photos.
TY sorry for the typo's :lol2

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its all good broham, cant wait to see your work, along with you others

i wanna see newcombers to the contests, i wanna see alot of crap..also look for a new contest that will be better suited to use gphx design majors, like marketing, image manipulation, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
aye, I wanna get in on some of these contests so I can learn a lil bit from you all. What do you mean when you say "chop"?

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chop is like photoshop..its like manipulating the image, editing it, changing things about it, etc...

more the merrier.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
welp im not gonna make it i couldnt coem up with something i liked and ive had time constraints due to work and school so count me out on this one, sorry id love to do it but i havent came up with something i feel is worthy of a contest as of yet :bh but next time you make a non car ps constest im thurr!!!! :clap

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I wanted to try, but I cant seem to figure out chop well enough..maybe next contest..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts