Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am in the middle of doin up my ek1 98 hatch and i have the turbo manifold ecu injectors everything but i love lumpy cams what a good cam/ cam size i am looking at making 220hp at the wheels. so any help please,
and i am trying to make the car still run like stock up till 3000rpms or close to it as my mum takes it for a drive sometimes

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
I haven't seen a non-vtec turbo cam. In all honesty, I think that your best bet might be to look into swapping in a vtec cam. That way you can get something tame in the lower rpms, but a little more aggressive on the high end.

klunge is right, a lumpy cam is not what you want for turbo and when talking non-vtec, you have to either give up low end or top end... It is always a compromise. a vtec cam/head will give you a wider powerband.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here in australia i havent found a cheap way to put a vtec head onto my motor. i have the 1.6ltr sohc non vtec motor. thats why i was asking the turbo i have i have been told by the workshops in my town that with my motor i probly wont have boost till around 5000rpm and i want boost around 4000rpm so they suggested searching for a cam. and i cant find a cam dealer that makes a cam for my car over here so i thought you guys can help.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
_Robert_ said:
here in australia i havent found a cheap way to put a vtec head onto my motor. i have the 1.6ltr sohc non vtec motor. thats why i was asking the turbo i have i have been told by the workshops in my town that with my motor i probly wont have boost till around 5000rpm and i want boost around 4000rpm so they suggested searching for a cam. and i cant find a cam dealer that makes a cam for my car over here so i thought you guys can help.
what turbo are you planning on running?

cause a T25 or a T3 would boost alot lower than 5000rpms,now I could see a T3/T4 not boosting untill 5k

·
Registered
478 Posts
kommon_sense said:
I haven't seen a non-vtec turbo cam. In all honesty, I think that your best bet might be to look into swapping in a vtec cam. That way you can get something tame in the lower rpms, but a little more aggressive on the high end.

klunge is right, a lumpy cam is not what you want for turbo and when talking non-vtec, you have to either give up low end or top end... It is always a compromise. a vtec cam/head will give you a wider powerband.

http://cranecams.com/?show=browsePa...e=1.6 L&partNumber=251-0014&partType=camshaft

also delta has them, likely webcams as well.

personelly the stock d16a6 cam IMO should be a decent cam for a turbo street car if you cant find one.

What head/cam do you have now???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.