Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k my 2000 civic lx jumped time and warped my valves. So i got a 96 vtec head distributor from a 2000 vtec and ecu from 2000 vtec automatic. what i need to know is will my stock intake manifold work? will it fit and will it do right? also i am gonna use my wiring harness just gonna wire the vtec solonoid. what kind of gaskets and what not will i need?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
IMHO, I dont think that they flow the same... If you want a vtec mani, then just pm me.. You will have more power if you use the vtec mani...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imy car i have d16y7 it jumped time. i am gettin a y8 head from a 96 civic. hopefully payin 409.50 for head automatic vtec ecu and vtec distributor.shipped from north carolina to south carolina. Then i am gettin a place to do a valve job on the head for 180 bucks. I really dont have money for another intake manifold yet I am hoping like hell the one i have will work good for a while. any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
2000cvclilbolls said:
Imy car i have d16y7 it jumped time. i am gettin a y8 head from a 96 civic. hopefully payin 409.50 for head automatic vtec ecu and vtec distributor.shipped from north carolina to south carolina. Then i am gettin a place to do a valve job on the head for 180 bucks. I really dont have money for another intake manifold yet I am hoping like hell the one i have will work good for a while. any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated.

I think you can find a better deal than that. I paid 180 for my y8 head.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but i want ma fokn car back. Im drivin the 92 hatch right now. d15b8 70 hp oh my god I want my car back.lol my car will blow by this one like it is tied to a tree.

·
Registered
478 Posts
u can use the y7 intake manifold but youll be missing out on the potential of the "vtec head"

oh and make sure u get the EX y8 transmission for the same reasons.
the DX gearbox is counter productive if your really concerned with performance. (as i said aboce, its the same with the y7 updraft intake manifold) .. counter productive to performance.

great for 40mpg tho.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yes.

check to make sure you have 16v releif pistons in that thing. if you are part of the unlucky few that honda gave the 8 valve relief slugs to then nope you cant without changing those.

theres a few other issues as well but it is possible.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so check this i plan to use my wiring harness, auto vtec ecu, vtec head, vtec distributor. I gotta run wires for vtec. run wires where?anybody done this b4?Also what else can I expect to have to buy. Iwould imagine a head gasket maybe timing belt. Any other problems that I can expect to have in this swap? :bh

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thought of something else today. I am using a vtec automatic ecu and my d16y7 transmission. is this gonna work? I hope so b/c i recieved my head dist. and ecu this morning. Oh well I hope it all works out>lol

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Well I don't want to make you feel bad, but you got ripped on that distributor for sure, since your Y7 distributor is the same as a Y8. I'd try to return that sucker if I were you.

As stated, your manifold will bolt up and work OK, but will not provide good flow for top end power. Soon I will be making an ITB setup and selling my Y8 manifold, let me know if interested. It doesn't have the air injection holes but I don't think those really matter anyhow.

As for the Y7 head, you can repair it with Y7/Y8/Z6 valves, it will be a good head on your B8 motor, I'd try picking up a P06 ecu to run with it though, or else chip your P05.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow I just spent 137 damn dollars on a head gasket SET. I had to buy it so the machine shop could get the valve seals out of it. I feel like a whole string of curse words. :bh I've been butting my head alot. So do I have to buy new head bolts now also, if so how much is that gonna rape me for. And god what the hell else am I gonna have to buy for this. I wish I hadnt changed my own timing belt. Then my car wouldnt have jumped time. And I wouldnt have to pay all this cash. Im gonna have to start doing brake jobs and shit on the side of school and my job.Ha Ha 2000cvclilbolls=2000cvc no balls for now.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Once again, hate to break it to you, but...you CAN buy valve seals individually also for about $15 for the set. For stock application you can reuse your headbolts.

Bottom line: research every component locally and online before buying, knowledge prevents you from being ripped off. Try not to be in too big a hurry, if you're desperate that's when you get ripped off too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks klugemonger youre allright guy no matter what kommom sense says about you. And holy shit are you ever right.thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts