Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m only 17 so this is a noob question. uhm. I need a stock passeger door speaker for my 95 Honda Civic DX. If possible, where can I get it at the most inexpenssive price? Pls help. Thanks ;]

·
Registered
386 Posts
ya, they'll definetly be stock. you know what oem is right? well just go to the store and ask for some OEM speakers, or search ebay. OEM is just Original Equipment.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
That is what i was thinking, you can get a decent set of 2-ways on ebay for like $50 or so, well I wont say decent but alot better than stock

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
commador said:
Just curious...why do you want stock speakers?

i was jus about to ask that....jus go to walmart and get there cheap OEM ones...if you need cheap

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
junkyard if youre just lookin for oem replacements. prob. be the cheapest. idk if theyd work sittin outside in a fucked up car all the time.(rain)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just wanted one speaker because I don't make much money and I only have one speaker that`s bad. I have some 6x9 Sony Explod speakerz that i`m going to either install in the back in addition to my stock speakers or i`m just going to replace the stock speakerz wit the Sony ones. That's why. Then next stop.. tints.. after that.. Subwoofers w/ amp ;]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, my friend, who is a car freak, said that if I get stock speakerz, the music would sound more crisp. He also said that all i needed to do after that is just add woofers & amp ;]

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
edwin617 said:
Also, my friend, who is a car freak, said that if I get stock speakerz, the music would sound more crisp. He also said that all i needed to do after that is just add woofers & amp ;]
your friend is an idiot. why would stock speakers sound more crisp over upgraded speakers. and you just don't add a sub and amp to your stock car. First thing you should upgrade is your head unit. then get decent speakers to compliment it. then you find a decent sup and amp for you car. i wouldn't go any bigger than a 12" sub. 15's are overkill in sportcompacts. some will disagree but if you think you need to be heard a half a mile way then that just tells people you have a little pee pee. and you don't need some rediculous amp either. I'm telling you all of this because you said you were low on cash and it doesn't sound like you are trying to build a show car. Just look for good deals. and when buying a sub and amp you can't go cheap. Don't get some no name ebay amp allegedly pushing 2000 watts only for it to blow up burn you car to the ground lol jk. that won't really happen but you get the idea. my combo took me about 8 months to do. I got a pioneer head unit, alpine speakers, and 12" kicker sub and amp in box combo dirt cheap. a shop boxed and installed my sub, bought and installed my amp as well all for 319 total. so keep looking around and you'll find good deals

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I have a set of kenwood 2-ways I would be willing to sale you cheap for your front doors.

·
Registered
526 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
15's are overkill in sportcompacts
When i was in high school a friend had a eg hatch with 2 15" subs ended up blowing his backglass out cause he turn it up too loud.

thought you should know

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
FERIO_SiR said:
When i was in high school a friend had a eg hatch with 2 15" subs ended up blowing his backglass out cause he turn it up too loud.

thought you should know
yeah a 12" is fine or maybe 2 10's or even 1 10" but anything more in a non show car daily driven car is rediculous. Do you really need that much base? That money could be spent elsewhere. I had a 12" in my car and it's friggin basey.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
FERIO_SiR said:

thought you should know
I call bs, do you know what sound pressure levels a audio system would need to present to break windows? To put it into perspective state records in street class's are around 155 to 160db's depending on the state and the windows hold up fine.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
96civic3door said:
I call bs, do you know what sound pressure levels a audio system would need to present to break windows? To put it into perspective state records in street class's are around 155 to 160db's depending on the state and the windows hold up fine.
x2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts