Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm very new to this whole car audio thing and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

I bought the civic with a sony explode deck already in it and even though I heard it is not the best I'd rather not buy a new one to replace this.

I would like sound clairity. I usually play rock music and the occasional dance so something with a rich bass too. My budget is 500 for now and with an amp I would like the option of adding stuff to it later. Also I want the subs mounted in the floor of the trunk. Also would I need tweeters?

Thnx

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
For five hundred bucks you prolly can't do all that stuff. you could probably buy two decent subs, and an amp. check the zeb or ikesound for products with cheap prices.

Sound clarity is a product of your head unit and your amp. all your amp does is magnify the signal. But if your amp is getting so-so signal from a shitty headunit, your sound will suck no matter how low the distortion is on your amp. So when your shopping for subs and amps, also compare the head unit you have to some that are on the market just to see where yours stands.

Installing the subs in your trunk floor can be a bitch. I've never done it myself, and you might have to find someone who's good enough with fiberglass to make it look nice. You might want to stick to using a box until you pile the cash to pay for the supplies and/or labor for the custom install.

Tweeters. Yes. Especially if you enjoy a wide varity of music. If you don't want to lay down the money for a high end components set (at least 150-200) then buy some two or three way speakers for your door panels and rear deck. People are gonna tell you all kinds of shit you need to buy to make your stereo come correct. But it's up to you to decide how much you wanna spend, what you do/don't need, and how you want the sound to be.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
if u want the high's, u got to have tweeters. speakers nowadays will have tweeters, unless you buy a dedicated midrange/midbass driver. u can have the choice of component or coaxials.

if u just want simple add-ons, i highly recommend the CDT Audio Classic series 2-way at thezeb.com. one pair is $47.99 shipped. normally they go for $100+shipping, but i'm guessing they want to clear out the inventory.

my friend bought 3 pairs and installed 1 pair in a friend's truck. the midbass response was unbelievable for that speakers. his highs are much more detailed than his old pioneers. the tweeter is fixed at an angle so imaging and soundstaging is raised up. clarity? for $48 shipped, who could complain? they are very detailed in the midrange. if i had to sell these, i would sell them for well over $100:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts