• normal indiglo

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • i think ill stick with boring stock gauges

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed a lot of ppl have reversed indis and i just dont get how someone can like those ugly reversed things...i personally have normal ones and they are set to blue color
lemme know what you think of both. thx

also, vote on the one that you like the most

· Registered
350 Posts
Dude, I have the normal indiglos but would rather have had the reverse ones (especially the reverse MUGEN indiglos that I've been seeing on Ebay). They're not so flashy and (in my case) better match the display on my Blaupunkt Hamburg. I got the normal ones because they were only $30 and at the time reverse ones were about $79!

f23a4

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but the reverse ones look just like some stock gauges...which defies the whole purpose of getting them...my parents have a 2001 V6 coupe and the gauges on it look exactly like reverse indis...so why the hell get it when you can just get a 2001 accord?

· Registered
350 Posts
9accord6 said:
yeah but the reverse ones look just like some stock gauges...which defies the whole purpose of getting them...my parents have a 2001 V6 coupe and the gauges on it look exactly like reverse indis...so why the hell get it when you can just get a 2001 accord?
Assuming that the 2001 Accord has the same gauge cluster as the 1999, my was VERY dimly lit and had no 'personality'. The normal indiglos are the exact opposite: very flashy and at night creates a strong glow on any reflective surface in my Accord. The reverse indiglos on the other hand, is a good medium between both: it has much brighter lettering than stock but without the overly bright background.

f23a4

· Registered
1,227 Posts
F23A4 said:

Assuming that the 2001 Accord has the same gauge cluster as the 1999, my was VERY dimly lit and had no 'personality'. The normal indiglos are the exact opposite: very flashy and at night creates a strong glow on any reflective surface in my Accord. The reverse indiglos on the other hand, is a good medium between both: it has much brighter lettering than stock but without the overly bright background.

f23a4
the '01 gauges are different from the 98-00 gauges, the '01 gauges look more like aftermarket ones.

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they do
the reason people get indiglos is pretty much to show off..and the brighter they are the more you succeeded at doing so
i would stick with normal ones....and glowing blue kicks ass
:D

also, they are cheaper than reverse ones...i say why not save some money for the next mod

· Registered
350 Posts
munkeysoup said:

the '01 gauges are different from the 98-00 gauges, the '01 gauges look more like aftermarket ones.
Yeah, I haven't seen the 01-02 gauge cluster. (I have to check them out.) The 98-00 gauges are big and clear BUT very dim when lit.

f23a4

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if im not mistaken 2001 looks just like reverse and it seems to be pretty bright....i will check it tomorrow to make sure

· Registered
1,241 Posts
I have Reverse indiglo gauges and i love them. I don't like normal indiglos because for some reason they hurt my eyes after a while, hehe. And like other ppl say, there really isn't any point to indiglos, they are just for show.

As for pricing, i got my reverse indiglos off ebay for $33.50. Reasonable price. Only thingi don't like about it is i can't see my needles sometimes.

For all you ppl that have the same problem as me, check out this site, they have intelliglow needles, rather pricey but they look hella nice.

www.importintelligence.com/

· Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well...its your personal preference...but i have normal indis and it does not hurn my eyes....i have to admit that i worried about that at first but it turned out just fine cuz they emit a pretty soft light that does not hurt my eyes...aslo i had to paint needles black to see them on blue..but with the help of a sharpie it was the easiest part of the mod
maybe you should color your needles too if you have problem seen them

· Registered
93 Posts
How do you change the colors of the stock clusters? Right now, it is green...is it possible to change it to blue? or another color?

· Registered
235 Posts
red.......

I would like to have my light up as red does anyone know if a company makes a red lighted gauge for a 93 accord se?

· Registered
93 Posts
Where are the needles??? :)

· Registered
39 Posts
My indiglo gauges can switch between reverse and regular indiglo. Debate settled!:D :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.