Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually wash my car at least once every 5 days. I just wanna know what you guyz do when you wash your car. I'm not talking about when you detail it and all....but if you wash ur car alot, what do you normally do. I use a soap/wax and run the whole car down w/ a spunge and water. Then use this stuff to get bugs off the bumper, then put tire shine on the wheels. Is there anything quick and easy i should do that u all do?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I do the same thing you do , except for the bug thing. I wasent sure if that shit really does work. To dry just use dry towel , and run car around block.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i forgot one thing. I use one of those squeegie blades to dry the car. Those things work awesome, no streeks or water spots. Then the remaining beads I dry with a soft towel. I only wash it at dush or early morning so i cant get water spots.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the whole car

i didnt think it would work but it does work pretty well....it doesnt get sharp curves and cracks and stuff...but it works great for the hood, trunk, roof, and the sides. Not to mention all the glass. They are cheap....you chould get one, they have them at most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i use an abosorber to dry down my car...its very easy process and one swipe can make it dry...on the windows i use a squeegy and a towel...i dont use a squeegy on the car cause there are some spots i cant get...with the absorber i can and i dont have to waste time wiping. i need a new wash mit though...it scratched my car..

http://www.angelfire.com/ri/RacerInc/myz4.jpg

hehe clean car!! yes..that was put together with
zyomil auto wash
absorber
zomil wax/meguires wax...i dont remember

i wish i can get a pic of my car...u would be amazed at how clean it is

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
well since i have a DX civic, i have a lot of black plastic parts on the outside (which sucks HARD when i'm waxing!), so i have to spend some time applying some trim protectant to those. but otherwise, i do basically the same thing as everyone else.

i use Meguiar's Gold Class car shampoo for the wash, and Black Magic Tire Wet spray for the tires after i'm done. i use either Meguiar's Gold Glass Clear Coat wax, the Meguiar's 3-step Deep Crystal system, or the Meguiar's Cleaner Wax every two-three weeks (i rotate them, so it depends on which week it is. though i don't use the cleaner wax more than once every two months). i use Armor All auto glass spray for all the exterior glass, and either Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Protectant, or Armor All Extra glossy protectant for the plastic trim (depends on which one i can find, cause i can never seem to keep track of both!).

takes me about 1 1/2 hours to do the whole thing, and i try to do it at least once every week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts