Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv become increasingly more intersted in running Nos, but i need some more basic info. If I get Nos, i was wondering how often some of you use your nos and some of the increased maintanence you have to do as a result. I soppose i would have to make sure my motor is ready for it, so what would this entail (forged pistons, rods, etc...????). I am interesting not only in what the minimium would be that i would have to do to ready my engine, but also what i could do to make the engine foolproof. I have also heard about peoples transmissions becoming really jacked as a result of getting a little bottle happy:D. Once again, I really want to run Nos, but not sure on some of the consquences to my motor, what shot i can run and what upgrades are needed to my motor to do so. I would also greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me to the advantages and disadvantages of wet vs. dry system, and maybe a lil info about both.

I dont know if this makes a difference but i would probably be running nos in a ex civic with a b18c engine and a jrsc (and other bells and whistles)

Thanx Alot!!!!!

· Registered
321 Posts
Can we please get the sticky back?

Basic nitrous rules and maintenance:
1. Don't spray for more than 15 seconds at a time.
2. Use 1 step colder plugs(NGK copper) or Zex plugs.
3. Check all of your plugs after every run.
4. Wait at least 15 minutes between runs.
5. Don't spray in 1st or last gear.
6. remeber: Idiots blow motors, not nitrous.

Wet kits are for anything above a 75 shot. Dry kits are for anything below a 75 shot. You can use wet or dry for a 75 shot. Whether you will be building the bottom end depends on how much hp you want.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
couldnt have said it better myself

· Registered
171 Posts
okay, Nitrous express makes a wet kit for Hondas that jets at 35, 50, and 75. I really like the idea of being able to start playing around w/ the 35 shot because I have never used nitrous before. I few things I will tell you is that I have been researching nitrous for a year now and am fully capable of installing any nitrous kit myself. Here are my issues:

A wet kit (NX) is nice because it injects the fuel itself and doesn't rely on the factory injectors to do this but people say don't run wet kits on an EFI Honda because of possible distribution problems

A dry kit (Zex) shouldn't have distribution problems UNLESS one of the factory injectors fails which kinda scares me.

These are the two kits that I am looking at and would like to know some opinions on them. Does anyone have a Nitrous Express Kit on their honda here? Seems like everyone has Zex or NOS. Just let me know because so far I am steering toward the NX kit. Peace

· Registered
1,063 Posts
laughin2.2 said:

Wet kits are for anything above a 75 shot. Dry kits are for anything below a 75 shot. You can use wet or dry for a 75 shot. Whether you will be building the bottom end depends on how much hp you want.
you forgot one... its called nitrous, not naws

· Registered
4,657 Posts
CHECK YOUR PLUGS PERIODICALLY . . . .
i know a dude who just bent his valves becuse one of his plugs broke and the chips from them got in the vale chaber and fuked em up .
after you spray a few times , keep an eye on em . theres a good tip for you.

· Registered
11 Posts
Definately listen to the rules

and let your car cool down between runs don't go crazy like me.... i got lucky and only blew a head gasket but it was still a hefty 600 which i could have used to mod my car more.....so just don't be stupid

Rule #6 is definately correct

· Registered
248 Posts
everything but what he was asking for.

· Registered
112 Posts
make sure the engine is warmed up before spraying, don't spray on a cold engine.

· Registered
195 Posts
laughin2.2 said:

Rule #7: Spank the shit outta the other guy!!!:p :D ;) :cool:
Rule #8: Purge in their face if they get cocky.:mad: :p ;)

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
laughin2.2- i found the sticky. I looked before i posted but i must have past over it, sorry.
SoFlaGS-T And i know its called nitrous (NO2) and not NOS, i just have a habit of calling it NOS (out of laziness instead of saying nitrous oxide????). I am thinking about buying NOS brand , so maybe if i wasnt i would call it Zex instead..........
The sticky just about answered my questions and you all helped too. I do have a few more questions though....
1. iv noticed that under the advertisments for NOS :eek: i mean nitrous, it says not to be used with turbo or sc. Why is that? and is there any way that it can be safely used with turbo or sc?

2. i was unclear from the sticky so will i need to beef up anything or not? And if you say i dont HAVE TO, well if I decided to, what advantages would this have and what exactly would i need to beef up?

3. i was also wondering about the tranny problem involved? Will frequently using nitrous, even when following the rules, mess up my tranny? I assume it would to a degree so what could i do to minimize the wear and tear???
ThAnX aGaIn~

· Registered
321 Posts
1. Nitrous and FI applications are often used together, but if you want to run any decent sized shot you will need to beef up the internals.
2. The basic forged pistons and forged rods will do fine. A stronger valve train is also good, but not necessary.
3. Your tranny will be fine. You will definitely need a stronger clutch though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.