Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone used both of these together? im thinking of getting the NOS pressure gauge but it doesnt seem like it work together since the remote opener and the pressure gauge both work with the bottle nut adapter.

thinking if i get the 4an connector piece that the purge kit comes with i could get rid of the bottle nut for the pressure gauge and hook that up.
 

·
Super Bacon Mod
Joined
·
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
You don't need that piece for an auto opener you want the opener right off the bottle. You will need that if you plan on locating the gauge inside the car with you. The nos gauge is usually fixed to the bottle.
 

·
Super Bacon Mod
Joined
·
23,754 Posts
No, he doesnt need that for the remote opener..thats a given.> But he MAY, or may not..need it for the gauge..it just depends on which gauge he is using...If he is using the small one then yes, it hooks up right at the bottle, but if he is using one of auto meters or one of the large NOS ones then he will need that...Now, using both the bottle opener and the small gauge...then if I remember correctly, he will need that adapter....Im not exactly sure about that due to the fact that I havent used the remote openers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VTECsqznN2O said:
No, he doesnt need that for the remote opener..thats a given.> But he MAY, or may not..need it for the gauge..it just depends on which gauge he is using...If he is using the small one then yes, it hooks up right at the bottle, but if he is using one of auto meters or one of the large NOS ones then he will need that...Now, using both the bottle opener and the small gauge...then if I remember correctly, he will need that adapter....Im not exactly sure about that due to the fact that I havent used the remote openers.
i want the simpliest and cheapeast gauge mounted on the bottle. which one is that from NOS i noticed they got alot of different lkinds
 

·
Super Bacon Mod
Joined
·
23,754 Posts
i dont know which is cheapest..i actually like the autometer one..but the problem with the nos ones is that the small one..is really small..and the big one..is really big..the big one is 2-5/8 compared to the autometer 2-1/16 and the small NOS one is like a 1inch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VTECsqznN2O said:
i dont know which is cheapest..i actually like the autometer one..but the problem with the nos ones is that the small one..is really small..and the big one..is really big..the big one is 2-5/8 compared to the autometer 2-1/16 and the small NOS one is like a 1inch
im looking to connect the small one. with my opener would i need the 4an conector thing u showed me?
 

·
Super Bacon Mod
Joined
·
23,754 Posts
I looked at the N.O.S website...and from pictures it is hard to tell what goes where..I know that some of the small gauges connect directly to the valve neck..betweent he bottle, and the on/off knob. Your best bet would be to email Holley/N.O.S and ask them..here is their address..

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VTECsqznN2O said:
I looked at the N.O.S website...and from pictures it is hard to tell what goes where..I know that some of the small gauges connect directly to the valve neck..betweent he bottle, and the on/off knob. Your best bet would be to email Holley/N.O.S and ask them..here is their address..

[email protected]
im still waiting for them to email me back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Z284U2TRY said:
Man if you want i can take pics of my opener and gauge set up just hit me with a pm and I can send all the pics you need.
hook me up thanks man.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top