Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get either the NOS or NX direct port kit. I may end up running turbo in the future. Has anyone run a turbo setup with the direct port kits? Most everyone I see runs the basic wet kit with their turbo. Just wondering if there was some reasoning for this.

Another thing. Anyone know of places to get a good deal on either kit?

Thanks.

· Registered
4,608 Posts
if you are going to get turbo in the future i suggest not to get the nitrous system. UNLESS you are going to put a huge ass turbo that needs to spooled with the help of nitrous. besides direct port injection costs a lot of money (installation) and time.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I used to have a dry kit on my 98 EX. Once you have used nitrous you become addicted. I'd almost rather have nitrous thatn a turbo anyhow.

I'm going to buy an intake manifold from a junkyard so that I can tap the holes & such prior. That should cut down on my down time.

The kits really aren't that bad. I know the NOS one was $599 from Summit Racing. $100 more than the dry kit and alot more power potential.

None of this will happen this winter. Last thing I need is to try & test my setup in the snow........:eek:

· Registered
433 Posts
hit me up on aim at robycold and ill get u some damn good prices

for kits that arent ur tradtitional puny ass direct port import kits.

i gotta 3 satisfied customers at clubsi.com
plenty of pics too.
roby

· Registered
1,366 Posts
roby said:
hit me up on aim at robycold and ill get u some damn good prices

for kits that arent ur tradtitional puny ass direct port import kits.

i gotta 3 satisfied customers at clubsi.com
plenty of pics too.
roby
so what would be the "traditional puny ass direct port import kits" you are speaking of? :D

:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.